Hacking Deleted wrong IOS files, some titles won't work with USBLoader

PsychoNavigator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A while back I did an install of HBC and all of the goodies but with one problem. When I was going through the walkthough and it said to delete three particular IOS files, I accidentally deleted the first few files because I didn't realize that I had to click a different button to skip past them.

I have no idea what IOS files I deleted, but obviously I need them because I've performed softmods correctly now and the same files that would not work on mine would work on the subsequent Wii's I've modded.

Is there a way to figure out what I have, what I am missing, and how you get them back?

I'm using a 4.3E softmodded by use of the IndyPWNS exploit.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could you please post your syscheck? A file called syscheck.cvs or something like this will be created on your sd card, post the contents here.

PsychoNavigator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: xxxxxxxxx
Boot2 v4

Found 152 titles.
Found 48 IOS on this console. 13 of them are stub.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6943): Trucha Bug
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS249 (rev 20): Trucha Bug
IOS250 (rev 20): Trucha Bug
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2010/10/20.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, your syscheck is fine. You aren't missing any official IOS, and all cIOS are installed too.

PsychoNavigator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay... Wondering if I should just try reformatting the bastard and starting from scratch. No idea how I should take it. It's really wierd that I can't play some games on mine that will play on other modded boxes considering I did them exactly the same way short of deleting certain IOS files...

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PsychoNavigator said:
Okay... Wondering if I should just try reformatting the bastard and starting from scratch. No idea how I should take it. It's really wierd that I can't play some games on mine that will play on other modded boxes considering I did them exactly the same way short of deleting certain IOS files...

Hold on, is everything working fine?

Remember, If it ain't broke, don't fix it

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
PsychoNavigator said:
If your syscheck is fine, then obviously you didn't actually delete the files as you may have assumed. Give us details on what games you're trying to run: official or backup? If backup, on DVD-R or USB loader? What USB loader if you're running through USB? For DVD-R, are you sure your Wii is capable of reading backups? Specific games that don't work?

PsychoNavigator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yuan said:

Hehehe, yeah, I just deleted IOS61 since I was trying to figure out another issue and now I can't get back into HBC at all. Now I'm trying to figure out how to fix that one. I am an ass.

QUOTE(CarbonX13 @ Oct 20 2010, 10:30 AM) If your syscheck is fine, then obviously you didn't actually delete the files as you may have assumed. Give us details on what games you're trying to run: official or backup? If backup, on DVD-R or USB loader? What USB loader if you're running through USB? For DVD-R, are you sure your Wii is capable of reading backups? Specific games that don't work?

All my games are backups of the originals running from a hard drive using USBLoader GX. The game I'm having trouble with off the top of my head ATM is Crash: Mind Of Mutant. I click to run it, and the wii just locks up.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PsychoNavigator said:
Yuan said:

Hehehe, yeah, I just deleted IOS61 since I was trying to figure out another issue and now I can't get back into HBC at all. Now I'm trying to figure out how to fix that one. I am an ass.

QUOTE(CarbonX13 @ Oct 20 2010, 10:30 AM) If your syscheck is fine, then obviously you didn't actually delete the files as you may have assumed. Give us details on what games you're trying to run: official or backup? If backup, on DVD-R or USB loader? What USB loader if you're running through USB? For DVD-R, are you sure your Wii is capable of reading backups? Specific games that don't work?

All my games are backups of the originals running from a hard drive using USBLoader GX. The game I'm having trouble with off the top of my head ATM is Crash: Mind Of Mutant. I click to run it, and the wii just locks up.

Try forcing pal/ntsc (what ever the game's region is) rather than the default video setting and see if it starts.... and if that doesn't work, reinstall the game or try a diff loader.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Your Homebrew Channel was installed on IOS61 it seems.

Run Indiana Pwns exploit again and reinstall Homebrew Channel, it will run on IOS58 now (best IOS for it anyway)

After that run Dop-mii http://wiibrew.org/wiki/DOP-Mii and reinstall IOS61

I suggest you to stop messing with IOS before something bad happens (principally IOS80, if you delete it = full brick), this game issue maybe is a faulty ISO.

PsychoNavigator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
w!! said:
Try forcing pal/ntsc (what ever the game's region is) rather than the default video setting and see if it starts.... and if that doesn't work, reinstall the game or try a diff loader.

How do I go about forcing NTSC? Honestly, having been able to play the game using someone else wii with the exact same setup, I'm not keen on the idea of using another loader just for one or two games. It's got to be something with the way I've modded it, which does no one much good here, since I wouldn't be able to explain where I screwed up, especially since most everything works as it is.

QUOTE(Yuan @ Oct 20 2010, 11:13 AM) Your Homebrew Channel was installed on IOS61 it seems.

Run Indiana Pwns exploit again and reinstall Homebrew Channel, it will run on IOS58 now (best IOS for it anyway)

After that run Dop-mii http://wiibrew.org/wiki/DOP-Mii and reinstall IOS61

I suggest you to stop messing with IOS before something bad happens (principally IOS80, if you delete it = full brick), this game issue maybe is a faulty ISO.

Done. I thought about running the indypwns exploit but when you screw up once, you tend not to want to screw up more things. Everything went better than expected, not to mention that fixed my issue with WiiMC, so thank you!

Now, if I could just figure out this thing with Crash. The ISO is good, like I said if I take it to another wii that I've softmodded, it runs fine.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Protip: Never delete an IOS or CIOS ever.... EVER....

Did I mention EVER?

If not.... EVER!

Seriously there is never ever EVER EVER EVER EVER EEEEEEVVVVVEEEEEER a reason to delete an IOS or CIOS. If something is outdated, simply install a newer version over the old one. Stop using a specific program that uses 1 certain IOS/CIOS? Leave it alone... you could use something in the future that may need it, or it'll simply be overwritten in the future with an update. Either way, not a big deal.

Stop deleting IOS! Do a search of the forum for the term "brick" and over half the threads are from people deleting IOS.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
koji2009 said:
Protip: Never delete an IOS or CIOS ever.... EVER....

Did I mention EVER?

If not.... EVER!

Seriously there is never ever EVER EVER EVER EVER EEEEEEVVVVVEEEEEER a reason to delete an IOS or CIOS. If something is outdated, simply install a newer version over the old one. Stop using a specific program that uses 1 certain IOS/CIOS? Leave it alone... you could use something in the future that may need it, or it'll simply be overwritten in the future with an update. Either way, not a big deal.

Stop deleting IOS! Do a search of the forum for the term "brick" and over half the threads are from people deleting IOS.

You are right. But aren't IOSes greater than 200 safe to remove? (although you probably never will have a reason to do that)

PsychoNavigator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yuan said:
Using the same cios and same loader? That is really odd...

Thing is I don't know if I screwed up with the cios or not... Mine was my first one, and for all the reading up I did, going through it was fairly simple, but I managed to stuff up deleting something (or so I thought) so I don't even know if my cios are correct.

@koji2009: Uh yeah. That was my moment of stupid, and I'm leaving it at that one.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that wasn't necessarily aimed exclusively at you... Again, there are dozens if not hundreds of threads with people who have bricked wiis from deleting IOS. It should be in a sticky somewhere to never delete them and in most guides they don't recommend it (some advocate removing stubs... which is "safer" but still unnecessary in 99% of cases as long as some cIOS or patched IOS is installed in some slot...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back