Hacking Deleted contents of SD Card on CFW N3DS and updated to 11.6

Douvke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone and good night!

My MicroSD died on me for some reason and all the files, including Luma, CIA's and everything got deleted for no apparent reason. I was on 11.4.037u when it happened. It could boot with no issue other than with the missing icons on the home screen. Out of exhaustion and lack of judgement I accidentally updated to 11.6. I can still access Godmode9 and my Luma version is 8.1.1.

I tried installing FBI with GodMode9 and everything was fine, I also tried running the Luma updater and it updated it to 8.1.1. However CIA installed games will crash at startup and FBI will also crash once I try to exit with the start button only to get an ARM11 Exception message.
I feel ashamed of myself because I think I might have destroyed my cfw thanks to my ignorance and not asking before trying anything stupid.

I hope I don't annoy anyone with my post. If someone could provide some insight on how to fix this i would be deeply grateful!!

Thanks a lot in advance!!

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone and good night!

My MicroSD died on me for some reason and all the files, including Luma, CIA's and everything got deleted for no apparent reason. I was on 11.4.037u when it happened. It could boot with no issue other than with the missing icons on the home screen. Out of exhaustion and lack of judgement I accidentally updated to 11.6. I can still access Godmode9 and my Luma version is 8.1.1.

I tried installing FBI with GodMode9 and everything was fine, I also tried running the Luma updater and it updated it to 8.1.1. However CIA installed games will crash at startup and FBI will also crash once I try to exit with the start button only to get an ARM11 Exception message.
I feel ashamed of myself because I think I might have destroyed my cfw thanks to my ignorance and not asking before trying anything stupid.

I hope I don't annoy anyone with my post. If someone could provide some insight on how to fix this i would be deeply grateful!!

Thanks a lot in advance!!
maybe the files on your sd card are corrupted, did you start from scratch after the sd card died on you or did you make an sd card backup?.

Douvke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
maybe the files on your sd card are corrupted, did you start from scratch after the sd card died on you or did you make an sd card backup?.

I started from scratch, I had to format the SDCard after it erased its contents so that I could use it, there are no files on the SD Card atm out of fear i screw things up

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
and FBI will also crash once I try to exit with the start button only to get an ARM11 Exception message
That error is not an error, applications are not supposed to close themselves (that feature was developed mainly for the convenience of 3dsx version users) so it has to use a dirty way, whic is not appreciated by the Luma exception handlers

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started from scratch, I had to format the SDCard after it erased its contents so that I could use it, there are no files on the SD Card atm out of fear i screw things up
I thought you said the sd card died off, you should test it for bad sectors.

Douvke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It died for a moment, I tried reading it on 2 different laptops and it kept saying X: was invalid. I couldn't format it and do absolutely nothing. CHKDS would give me something about it being RAW and it couldn't check the SD for errors. So after trying one last time checking if my Surface RT could read the SD if instantly gave me the option to format the drive to be able to access it. After that i ran chkdsk for errors several times and everything went clean. After that i could use it with no issue.

Browsing through earlier entries, I found one similar to my issue and I'm following DjoeN's advice and going through the final steps. Everythings going ok atm but I'll let everyone know if something weird pops-up!

Latest Luma3DS
Latest Homebrew Launcher

Download from first link Luma3DSv8.1.1.7z and unzip "boot.firm" to the root of your new SD
Download "boot.3dsx" from the second link and put it in the root of your SD

Then from here on follow the guide from this point:

3DS Guide - Finalizing Setup

had to remove the hyperlinks or it wont let me post, sorry

Last edited by Douvke,

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Since you could boot into your console with an empty SD card, we can assume you have Luma installed into your NAND. Nonetheless, if you could boot into your console, Luma was already working so updating should not have done anything harmful to your console.

If, after that, you have issues running games, I'd say the most common cause is a faulty SD card. Usually brandless SD cards or cards that are too cheap for their sizes are either faked or tend to be faulty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg