Hacking Deleted boot.firm from CTRNand and Luma doesn't read the SD

DragoSpiro98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, today I wanted to restore my Old 3DS changing the SD card with a new one (a 64GB of Samsung). For first I tried to follow the guide to update Luma and B9S, but it seems that Luma didn't load the payloads from SD card because it reads only the CTRNand, so I deleted the boot.firm with FBI in the CTRNand, and now the Nintendo doesn't want start! What can I do? I know that there was Luma 8.0 in the CTRNand, but now I can't download it.

Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by DragoSpiro98,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why do you want to use Luma 8.0? It does not work with the latest official firmware anyway.
  1. Copy all your data from the SD to a computer. Reformat the SD to FAT32, 32kb cluster size, if you have a Windows computer, use guiformat because the Windows internal tools will not do this.
  2. Check your SD: Windows, Linux, OS X.
    • If you get any errors replace the SD.
    • If you get no errors copy your files back on the SD.
Put boot.firm from the latest Luma release into the root of your SD. The console should start again.

If this does not work, try a different SD, for example the old one you had inside the 3DS before.

Reactions: DragoSpiro98

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY