Deleted a backup- now black screen.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Teryaki, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Teryaki
    OP

Teryaki Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2010
    United States
    Hello I am using USBLOADERGX to play my backups from a hdd and WBFS manager 2.5 to add/remove them. I recently purchased a copy of Super Mario Galaxy and naturally backed up the disc first thing. The loader said it finished backing up the disc but it never actually made it to 100%. Now when I attempt to load a game it goes straight to a black screen.

I assumed this had something to do with SMG "finishing" pre-maturely, so I fired up WDFS Manager 2.5 to remove the offender, and upon removal I get

[​IMG]

and the backup is not removed, and I still get the black screen.

SO..on to WDFS TOOLS

[​IMG]

I read on another forum that you can use a hex editor to change the 0x00 after byte 12 in the 63rd sector to 0x01's per the number of backups that you have. I fired up the hex editor and got this...

[​IMG]

Why 0x03's instead of 0x01's? Should I change them? Am I missing something here? Thanks for any help at all.

2. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
    Why are you useing 2.5 when 3.0 is available

3. Teryaki
    OP

Teryaki Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2010
    United States
    Just DL'd and WBFS manager 3.0 produces the same error.

edit: Ver 3.0.1 produces the same error.

4. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
    Oh well FORMAT is your last option if you have errors it wont be just 1 game affected it will be a few and when you format error check your drive while its connected to windows

5. Teryaki
    OP

Teryaki Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2010
    United States
    OK after days of back reading here's what I've got. [​IMG]

When I tried to backup SMG and the backup didn't finish, it apparently corrupted the structure of my disk. The only way that I could find to fix this was to remove the disks with invalid or overlapped blocks, using wiimms tools, as such.

CODE./wwt FSCK -p /dev/sdb2 --repair=ALL

It was that easy. [​IMG]

Now whats left of my backups still play and I can use the rest of the disk to re-make backups of everything I lost, MINUS Super Mario Galaxy.

I'm off to the WDFS Manager forums! [​IMG]

Plz mark as solved. Thx.