Gaming Delete save from game [Pokemon Ranger]

CrisR82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was given a nice copy of Pokemon Ranger, in great condition, I really want to play it but there's one problem - the game is in German, despite having language selection advertised.

As far as I can tell, there is no "normal" way to change the language, unless the save file is deleted (starting a new game doesn't work).

I found here - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/925329-nintendo-ds/70794980 - some guy suggesting that there are tools that can be used to delete the save file, but I cant find any information how to actually do it.

Can anyone help out with that? :c

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This only thing that I can think of is to use the 3DS homebrew TWLSaveTool, which does have the ability to completely erase save files from DS cartridges (though this homebrew requires either Poké Transporter or Pokémon Dream Radar to be installed on your 3DS system to function).

However, if you don't have a 3DS or access to 3DS homebrew, then maybe DS homebrew for backing-up save files might have the option to erase save data, although I've never used any, so I can't say for sure.

CrisR82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This only thing that I can think of is to use the 3DS homebrew TWLSaveTool, which does have the ability to completely erase save files from DS cartridges (though this homebrew requires either Poké Transporter or Pokémon Dream Radar to be installed on your 3DS system to function).

However, if you don't have a 3DS or access to 3DS homebrew, then maybe DS homebrew for backing-up save files might have the option to erase save data, although I've never used any, so I can't say for sure.
Actually, after looooong research, I managed to figure out how to do it.
Using a flashcart (M3DS Real) and my DS Lite, I was able to load a program though the DS itself called DSaveManager v0.2
Once loaded, I removed my flashcart and inserted the Pokemon Ranger one, then selected "erase save data", then reset the console and when the game booted up - instantly English!

Still, thanks for the advice :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head