Delete any trace of modded VWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by pLaYeR^^, Nov 13, 2016.

1. pLaYeR^^
    OP

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Hello guys,
    i modded my VWii on my Wii U console a time ago and now i want to remove it so Nintendo cant see i ever did this. I didnt mod the Wii U section yet, only VWii.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Unless you're personally doing show and tell, I think you are good.

3. pLaYeR^^
    OP

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    I dont get it...

4. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Why are you afraid of Nintendo seeing? What I was saying was there is literally no way for them to see unless you walked right up to them and showed them what you've done.

5. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Installing hacks to vwii and deleting leaves traces. They refuse to fix consoles if they find it. They normally do

TheVinAnator likes this.
  6. pLaYeR^^
    OP

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    They can see it for sure, so please post if you know a method to remove any trace.

7. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Ah is this their reasoning? If so yep there is no way to completely remove and leave no traces.

8. pLaYeR^^
    OP

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Why you keep posting BS no one wants to hear here? If you know a methode to remove it, write a post, if not, dont make your post counter higher.

proflayton123 and Stercate79 like this.
  9. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Sorry :( . I didn't mean any harm I was just trying to say that unless you're sending it to them, there is no need to remove and even if you were there is no method at all which @xtheman166 also mentioned.

10. ThatNintendoNerd

ThatNintendoNerd GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    A Cartridge
    They can't see it. But if you are planning to do a repair, then yes, they check. What you can do is hopefully have a NAND dump before you modded the vWii, which you can use that to restore it somehow. If not, best I can say is uninstall any custom channels.

11. pLaYeR^^
    OP

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Well i only installed the homebrew channel and played some games with nintendont. Thats all i did, not more.

12. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    If you did not install any Custom iOS then delete all related files on the SD Card and simply delete the Homebrew Channel through settings! Although if I'm not mistaken wouldn't you have had to installed some type of custom iOS for Nintendon't?

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  13. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    Nope.

14. pLaYeR^^
    OP

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    No you only need to launch homebrew channel and just start nintendont in it.

15. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Oh I didn't know that! Well yeah just delete SD files and delete the homebrew channel through system settings!

16. pLaYeR^^
    OP

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    I already did :)

TheVinAnator likes this.
  17. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    It would be great if there was a method to replace all vWii files and re-virginise it, especially if people bricked it.

@FIX94 has a method for HBC injection with WUP installer and FW.img, perhaps something like this is possible in the near future?

18. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Isn't the Boot mii the only way to make backups of the system? Boot mii can't run on wii u systems, least i think since i don't find a option for it with the homebrew installer.

19. neim81094

neim81094 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2013
    United States
    You would have to use something like Multi Mod Manager to remove the stubs that was left by the homebrew and any channels you installed. If you have any Custor IOS installed, I wouldn't recommend using Multi Mod Manager to remove them. If you set your system as new (WiiU Side and all) it removes Wii Stuff too

20. Elizabethx90

Elizabethx90 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    At most, Nintendo only checks for custom channels and checks system data for any homebrew. Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about vWii, or otherwise it would've been patched already to prevent the current exploits.