Hacking Delete All Content and Settings?

themyst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just purchased a secondhand 5.5.1 Wii U, but unfortunately their NNID is still attached to the system. The only way to get rid of it seems to be to delete all content and settings, but it requires an internet connection to complete. I think this is absolutely ridiculous!

Is there any way to do this without the system updating the firmware? Or will it not update the firmware?

Bazzabw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I just purchased a secondhand 5.5.1 Wii U, but unfortunately their NNID is still attached to the system. The only way to get rid of it seems to be to delete all content and settings, but it requires an internet connection to complete. I think this is absolutely ridiculous!

Is there any way to do this without the system updating the firmware? Or will it not update the firmware?

Change your DNS settings for your wifi connection on the wii u and it will stop the wii u from updating

The following block the Nintendo servers

Primary DNS: 081.004.127.020
Secondary DNS: 168.235.092.108

Last edited by Bazzabw,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also make sure the system isn't hacked with CBHC. Watch the gamepad for a black background with some white text about autobooting when you for power it on.

Although if your firmware says 5.5.1 then your not using CBHC. I just get nervous for people who format

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.