definitive version of Puyo puyo?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by blainy, Jan 25, 2010.

Jan 25, 2010
  1. blainy
    OP

Member blainy GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    ok, so i have 7 and 15th anniversary, but im wondering if these are the the definitive versions.

can anyone please give me a basic rundown of the main similarities and differences between the versions available for the DS?? more specifically, what am i missing by not playing either of the fever titles?

2. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Gameplay-wise you are not missing much if you haven't played the Fever titles. All the multiplayer game modes available in both Fever and Fever 2 are available in both PP15 and PP7. Fever 2 arguably has the most features for single player play with a story mode that you can use items and a lot of unlockable stuff. Also both PPF and PPF2 have characters which are not in either PP15 or PP7.

If you are looking for a "definitive" version in respect to playing competitively, then PP7 would be it since it is the newest revision which contains all the game modes that people would play, with a Wi-Fi feature for matchups and global rankings.

If you are a casual player who like to play the game on story mode or vs computer, then I'd say the best version is PP15 since that has the most characters, the longest story mode, and the most game modes available. Also in that case I would suggest you to have a go at other Puyo titles, even those not on the DS, as all the games have their own styles and charms.