Defending Positivly or Negativly Common Gaming opinions. (TITLE IS WORK IN PROGRESS)

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    In this thread, I (or anyone else) shall attempt to defending positive or negative popular gaming opinion. The reason i titled this work in progress cause i really dunno how to title this post but if i explain it should be easier to understand so forgive me if i done a poor job.

Basically there is many popular gaming opinions, positive and negative ones. Positive one like Super mario bros 3 is best game on nes. Negative one like Castlevania II Simon's quest is a very bad awful game. Basically anyone here can state either one of these popular opinions and try to defend them, so to counter super mario bros 3 being best on nes, someone will say something they didn't like about it, and for castlevania II someone will state something they did like about it.

Remember that all of the statements positive or negative must be personal and honest opinions, they should least be very common in conversation in your real life or across the internet websites. Some examples opinions. (Not my personal opinion)

• Super Smash bros melee still is the best one in the series
    • Super Smash bros Brawl was a big disappointment
    • Metroid Other M is the worst game in the series
    • Dark Souls is too hard
    • Final Fantasy XIII was disappointing
    • Sonic the hedgehog 2006 and sonic boom Rise of Lyric (The wii u game) Are the worst sonic games
    • Shaq FU is the worst fighting game ever
    These are just examples, the statements can be whatever you like to discuss, so when stating them, expect someone to disagree cause that is the whole point of this, hope people understand cause i tried to explain clearly what is going on here.

You state a opinion on a game you feel needs to be said and someone will counter that (Saying something that opposes that opinion) Is not a matter of if you agree or not, so if you don't have any defense against any of the current said statements, you can create your own to add to the list or just wait for someone else to post one you can respond to.

Pleas don't see this trying to start problems, is just allowing someone to share insight on finding good or bad in something that not everyone may have understood before. :)

2. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I...have no idea what this thread is about. :wacko:

Okay...here's my opinion: "I think undertale is kind of meh".

I can defend my reasoning for having that opinion, but truth be told: I don't have to. Since my feeling on the game is an emotion, and opinions on games are by definition subjective, nobody will be able to "counterargue" that I'm wrong*. They can just state their own different opinions if they want, but...why? I put in the statement because it's an (admitted) rather controversial opinion on a known game, but I don't submit it because I want to rub other 'tempers the wrong way. It's just...I don't know. Again: I have no idea what the point of this thread is.

*this is not a challenge, by the way. I thank you for allowing me my opinion on a game.

3. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    That is basically what it is. You state a opinion on a game, and someone counters it. :P

If the statement is negative, then someone else will post a positive one to balance it, and if the statement is positive they use negative defense. You state your opinion of a game and reason why, which is the offense, then someone will defend it with a counter opinion and the reason why. If the next person does not have a honest counter opinion then they can create a new statement for people to defend.

Is not intended to be a bad thing is just a way to share one opinion and have someone else try to share their opinion without trying to be blunt. Is like finding the good in bad things and bad in good things. :)

So the next person can either make new statement for example "Earthbound is not that great" for someone else to try and defend it by saying why it is great. Or they can say something to counter your statement about undertale. (Is still not making sense huh?) :unsure:

4. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Oh...so it's more like a sort of chain thread? If so, it may be a good idea to "answer" a previous post and throw something out for the next one to "answer" (I dislike to use the word counter, as that gives me the impression that you want to prove the previous poster wrong).

So it'll be a conversation like the following, if I understand things correctly:
    Person 1:"I like X because of reason Y"
    Person 2: "That may be, but X lacks Z. Oh, and I dislike game A because of reason B."
    Person 3 (or 1): "Yeah, well...that can be, but A has the advantage of C. By the way...I'm kind of indifferent towards D."
    Next one: "How can you be indifferent to D? It has E!"

And so on. So...let me try this again: :) Ahem...

I think undertale is kind of meh. I find the graphics aren't that good (even for indie standards). And perhaps it's because classic RPG's don't say that much to me, but I feel this is more like final fantasy fans' wet dream than something I would actually enjoy.

(or is that too long of an explanation? :) )

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  5. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well sure you got it right lol. Now someone else (I guess me) could say that even though i agree that the graphics aren't that great you should give credit to the music cause that where it does shine most. So that would be my answer.

Then you can reply again with another disappointing feature, or mention a new game entirely. Is either.
    • Respond to existing opinion with counter defense (Answer)
    • State a new opinion could be the same game or new one
    It should alternate that way. You seem to understand which is good since it took me like weeks to come up with a explanation to how i wanted it to flow proerly.^_^

6. lcie nimbus

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    Opinion: don`t play fighting games like blazblue or guilty gear because they are have anime visuals.

okay that`s just stupid . almost all of the youtube channels who claim to have played every fighting game out there have likely never picked up games like blazblue , why ? because they take one look at it . see anime visuals , and write it off like it`s crap . they`ll rave on about how good mortal kombat and street fighter is , how they are the best games ever made . but none of them will have even played blazblue . and anyone who tries to say that BB or GG are good fighting games (sacrilege) will immediately game bashed and flamed

7. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

I love that in this game the karts can carry two characters at once and two or four items (IIRC) per personage, also, the music, drifting and gameplay were all spectacularly awesome. That said, I've been a tad disappointed along the years that there's never been a sequel to this Mario Kart. :( The Battle Stages are great too.

Mario Kart 8

While I'd say that this is my favourite Mario Kart game yet, it's flawed in comparison to Double Dash!! and others. It doesn't have two items, the karts are back to normal whereas Double Dash!! was a bit more creative and unique, local co-op with two players isn't split horizontally and the battle stages... well, I don't even need to get to that since everyone knows how good that is on Mario Kart 8.

There is definitely a lot of game in Mario Kart 8 if you're looking to race only.

By the way, the only good thing that I can say about Sonic 06 is that the music is great and the best way to enjoy Sonic 06 is playing the demo on Xbox 360.