Defective Passcard 3?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by kuroiryu, Aug 12, 2006.

Aug 12, 2006

Defective Passcard 3? by kuroiryu at 2:40 AM (698 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. kuroiryu
    OP

Newcomer kuroiryu Newbie

United States
    Hey all, I've got a problem with a Passcard 3 I got from Divineo. I've tried multiple ROMs on multiple cartridges, and nothing seems to work. The Passcard splash screens come up fine (on a factory DS Lite; I'll get to that later), but that's as far as it gets. Some ROMs hang there, and some manage to turn the top screen kind of green before hanging, but nothing actually boots.

The two primary carts I'm using are a 512Mb X-ROM and a 1Gb XG2.
    The two DSes I'm using are an unflashed DS Lite and an original DS with FlashMe v7

The Passcard doesn't even start on the flashed DS (hangs during the fade-in of the safety warning screen). Plenty of GST-patched ROMs run perfectly from the XG2 on the flashed DS, so I know that cart's fine, and other pre-patched ROMs run fine off the X-ROM.

So, should I assume this Passcard is bad? It took forever for them to ship, and it seemed like longer for it to get here, so I don't know how difficult it'll be for me to get a replacement.

2. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Passcard 3 doesn't work with those cards. The ones that work with those are: EZPASS3, MK4-Mini, and MK4-Key. MK4-Mini will be the best one for those carts because it has 2Mb EEPROM for saves.

3. Falkentyne

Member Falkentyne GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can't use a passcard 3 on a flashed DS, anyway. The whole point of flashing a DS is to AVOID having to use a passcard 3....

4. kuroiryu
    OP

Newcomer kuroiryu Newbie

United States
    Hmm... the Passcard 3 is advertised as working with Neoflash carts (and plenty of reviews have confirmed them working), and since XG2 and Neoflash carts are physically identical inside, I see no reason why they shouldn't work.