Defective G6 returned. What to get now?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Techton, Jan 26, 2007.

Jan 26, 2007
  1. Techton
    OP

Newcomer Techton Newbie

United States
    I ordered a G6 4G Lite last year. I had the issue with it not being able to save games and tried charging the battery to no avail. Also noticed that when I did a soft reset, the game would save, indicating it was defective. I returned it to the place I bought it from. They told me they would be getting more in soon, but it's been quite some time now. When I inquired about it they said they may not get the 4G version back in and offered me the SC Lite as an alternative. I'd heard that GBA performance was poor with the SC Lite. I like the G6 and want to stick with it, but from what I've read the 8G model has been delayed and may be cancelled. Does anyone have any more information on a release date for the 8/16G models/pricing, etc?

I'd also be interested in hearing your thoughts about what alternatives (SC Lite, M3 Lite, etc) would be a good replacement for the G6 if in fact the 8/16G G6 models are not coming out?

Techton

2. slayerspud

Member slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    M3 Lite.
    Hands down better than all the other cards, it is as good as a G6 but you have to get your own transflash card. Which can
    Be an advantage: More space, theroetically unlimited space.
    Disadvantage: Could be a pain finding one with a decent speed.

IMO, you should get a either a G6, m3 or R4.

3. skullstatue

Banned skullstatue Banned

United States
    Wait for the new G6 to come out maybe?

4. Farami9

Member Farami9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    wait for the new g6 mate or m3 real...............

5. Parsaw

Member Parsaw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, just wait.

6. slayerspud

Member slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Don't think the above poster can read.

His G6 is defective and he needs a cart to swap it for.
    Anyway go for the M3lite.

7. Farami9

Member Farami9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if you want GBA support go (slot 2)

go for an m3 lite if you don't want to go back to g6 lite (personally I would get another g6)

if you don't want GBA support go (slot 1)

get m3 simply or r4

ALSO LESS HOMEBREW ON SLOT 1

8. Parsaw

Member Parsaw GBAtemp Regular

United States

Oh, I can read. No need for flaming. [​IMG]

9. jlf278

Newcomer jlf278 Member

United States
    I've been hunting around for my first flash card for my ds lite. I'm looking at the same options (though I'm also thinking of splurging for an R4 + G6 lite). I fgure the R4 gives me drag& drop ds, large capacity for video, and i already have a 1gig sandis microSD lying around. The G6 lite will also let me play gba and any ds games with slowdown. I found a place to get these two for $110 at bamboogaming, and I can get a passme3 ($15) so my fiance can borrow either flash device if she wants. My other choice seems to be just buying an m3 perfect lite with passkey for ~ $79.

So some questions: I read on a review that G6 lite provides pictures for both DS and GBA games on loadup, but otehr reviews only mention this for DS games. How easy is it to load/sort games on the G6 vs. M3? How well does the save work on M3 vs. G6. Is it pretty much save states? Do DS games save just like when you play them from the cart? Do you have to use special save menus from the flash kits?

10. TM_Sephiroth

Newcomer TM_Sephiroth Advanced Member

Brazil
    Mine G6 Lite it's with BIG problems...
    If I can't fix it...
    I will buy another G6! [​IMG]

I think the Lite 4Gb one...after the Lite 8Gb and G6 DS released...(So the price of the 4Gb tends to be lower [​IMG] )