Defective 3-in-1?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by DrCereal, Jun 23, 2007.

Jun 23, 2007

Defective 3-in-1? by DrCereal at 10:05 PM (688 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. DrCereal
    OP

Newcomer DrCereal Newbie

Canada
    I'm using a 3-in-1 in conjunction with an R4, using Rudolph's 3-in-1 tool.

I patched my backup copy of Zelda The Minish cap using the EZIV client software. I run the game, and it plays fine. It also seems to save fine (when asked to save it doesn't crash, or state that the save file is corrupted or anything).

However, when I turn off my DS and turn it back on, there are *no* save files. Meaning, Zelda doesn't recognize any previous saves, and Rudolph's tool says that the Save RAM is empty.

Am I doing something wrong? Is my 3-in-1 defective? Perhaps a dead battery?

Thanks,

C

(Edited for clarity).

2. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Where are you looking? If you mean you load the game and it doesn't recognise a savefile then yeah, maybe there's something wrong with it.

But if you're just looking in the file list for it: The 3in1 saves on a chip inside the 3in1, so you won't see it on the R4's microSD file list. You have to manually copy the savefile off of the 3in1 onto your microSD card to back them up (or it might do that automatically if you change the game on the 3 in 1, I'm not sure). I know nothing about the R4 though so I don't know how to do it with Rudolph's tool.

(edit: the more I think about it the sillier my second interpretation of your question sounds, sorry if I've completely missed the point here)

3. DrCereal
    OP

Newcomer DrCereal Newbie

Canada
    Thanks for your very quick reply.

I mean Zelda doesn't recognize any previous saves, and Rudolph's tool says that the Save RAM is empty.

I've edited my original post to state this more clearly.