Hacking WIP (Deep Nintendo) A look at the Nintendo Switch development system

Did you like this section of Deep Nintendo?

• Yes

Votes: 24 88.9%
  • Do not

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Denounced

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Imancol

Otak Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Many do not know what is prepared behind the system we consume in the world of video games. And in the case of Nintendo is the content that is developed to reach our retina. So I do this section to review and expect more interesting content when you add Deep Nintendo.

Some time ago, in an advertisement in Portugal, it was possible to see the interface of the Nintendo Switch Developer (DevMenu). It was possible to see many aspects such as the Storage Capacity of the memory and the System. Even so it is a bit blurry and I remain in the insert that information offered the other options.

A user, in https://hackinformer.com has left an entry where he offers more information about the DevMenu that we can see in the announcement. It offers in detail some aspects of this menu. Not only storage information, but also important aspects about debugging, where NRO mentions, currently well known to develop and execute HomeBrew, information about and other aspects as when you enter the developer mode of an Android device. Let's review a little the images, offered by the Hackinformer Administrator.

The first Image reveals the firmware version used by the Developer, so it could vary depending on the type of developer you are for the Nintendo Switch Video Game console. Or who knows, if there is only one DevMenu for all that is constantly updated.

Nintendo-Switch-Dev-Menu-5.jpg

The following images show us a bit the content of the debug mode. In which is very useful information regarding the type of ejecusion of the elements on the screen, the peripherals, storage memories, among others.

To start a bit here, information is detailed on where you want to run the console when it is turned on (DevMenu-App Test Menu). This section is very important, it would be the Boot of the Nintendo Switch console. Let's say it is used in demonstration platforms in Stores to facilitate access to Clients to the preloaded content (Demos-Trailers) and the distributor (DevMenu). Or if you are a Video Game Developer, to run your APP or games. In any case it is not known that there is more than what DevMenu offers us. The options that are below the Boot I do not really know how it works, but it deals with the administration of the Nand, how to empty it or do execution tests. Free space and tests in the Database. A little further down you can see the Exibition Mode, if you want to activate or not, perhaps to run a demonstration of the interface, outside the DevMenu.

This section shows us an address or path of the content of the internal console or server. "Crash Dump (% USERPROFILE%) / Documents / Nintendo / NXDMP)". Below it describes the type of memory dump, and record, how to activate and deactivate functionalities in the CPU. The word "NRO" is already mentioned by the scene for the creation and execution of homebrew, in this section it tells us if we want to restrict the execution of these files.

Nintendo-Switch-Dev-Menu-6.jpg
Nintendo-Switch-Dev-Menu-7.jpg

This section details simple things like the type of Audio output, from the TV to the system (maybe the Dock mode), also if we want to disconnect the internal speakers when connecting headphones. And an option to perform audio tests.

Nintendo-Switch-Dev-Menu-8.jpg

Here it shows us a bit about the connection of the Peripherals, such as the Joy-con and the Control Controller Pro de Switch. Two options to match the controls and delete any pairing record. Handheld is something that comes out of my understanding.

Nintendo-Switch-Dev-Menu-9.jpg

Here we can see more curious things. It shows us common configurations, where we detail information about the language, the date, zone type, brightness, screen type (maybe to activate the resolution and the aspect ratio), suspension mode, among other options such as the consumption of the controls (maybe I'm wrong, detect time, zone.

Nintendo-Switch-Dev-Menu-10.jpg

The others detail information about the internet connection, as well as test the connection.

Nintendo-Switch-Dev-Menu-1.jpg
Nintendo-Switch-Dev-Menu-2.jpg
Nintendo-Switch-Dev-Menu-3.jpg

Well, that has been all the information I can offer you. The other options are at your discretion. Maybe some member of this community can clarify more about this mysterious DevMenu not so mysterious for developers, but for ordinary users like me. If you have something to contribute by viewing the images, it will be well received.

Expect more from Deep Nintendo. :)

Fuente - https://hackinformer.com/2017/08/29/first-look-nintendo-switch-devmenu-reswitched/

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I feel like it would be neat if Nintendo made this menu available on every console with a trick to unlock it first, like on Android.
It'd be nice if they took a path that allows you to set things on your system in-depth and load homebrew freely, like on XBO.

Reactions: CuriousTommy

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I feel like it would be neat if Nintendo made this menu available on every console with a trick to unlock it first, like on Android.
It'd be nice if they took a path that allows you to set things on your system in-depth and load homebrew freely, like on XBO.
This is Nintendo we are talking about, so not happening

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is the Wifi-MAC address... he black lines some ID-string or anything else that would bust him, but leaves this in?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I guess Ancientboi would be Peter +1