Misc Dedicated Tatsunoko vs Capcom server, comments on Wiimm and Polaris servers

Do you think there should be a dedicated server for each Wii game, or just one for all?

• Jus hell no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys... Im sure you all know the Polaris server (altwfc) has been down for weeks. It seems that the building that houses their server was flooded and who knows when or if it will ever be up.
Wiimmfi is generating the 92070 code or similar for all TvC players. I assume this is a ban code from switching between Polaris and Wiimm (you have to reset your id each time to access both servers, or get code 6000). This was a problem because Polaris supported Riivolution (some players would not install homebrew), and only Wiimm supported PAL (yo i need to play my homie in Croatia). Since Wiimm has auto ban codes, one of which will ban you for having a different id each time, I'm assuming anyone who switched between the two servers eventually got the Wiimm ban code.
I contacted Wiimm directly but got no response (Im sure TvC is at the bottom of their priority list). So I spoke with SMT-DDR, the programmer who assisted Polaris in getting TvC working on his server. SMT had the necessary logs that no one else had from when the official servers were still up. SMT agreed w/ me that we should not be at the mercy of other servers with no particular care for our game. Thus was born the SMT-ALTWFC TvC server...
I've seen a few posts desiring to build your own servers. While I do not support 1,000 private servers, I do support a dedicated server for each game, administered by responsive hosts who truely care about their particular game. What we have now is Wiimm playing catchup on a workload that used to have an entire team of Nintendo monkeys working round the clock (actually I cant prove that they were monkeys, but i suspect).
So what does it take to make your own server? First, and most important, "dumps", also known as traffic logs from when the original servers were up. They are used to see how the network ran, how consoles talked to each other, and how matches are made. Without dumps from the original servers, making a server for your game would be close to impossible. With dumps in hand from the original servers, you can use "altwfc" open source as a base for your server code. Then you will have to fine tune your server by saving more dumps as you test your server, review the logs, and make necessary changes. If you are not a programmer you will have to find a friend or hire a monkey; good luck learning code in the next year or two.
Fortunately dumps were taken (dont even say it...lol) for most of the games we want online. So you have to get these logs and apply them to altwfc, which is open source. Thats what we did.
https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator
So, having said all that, our Tatsunoko vs Capcom server is dedicated, no other games are on it. It is hosted on a very fast cloud server that will rarely if ever go down. Free battle works, we just got ranking working, and next SMT will try to get friends and rivals going. Included in the how to vid is "How to install Riivolution on Wii using letterbomb exploit". I couldnt find a vid on that, and its part of the setup. Hadoken!
http://tatvscapxonline.wordpress.com/

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so TvC works on Wiimmfi? I never "Wiimmed" my copy of TvC because I didn't know people were still playing. Personally I think ALL WiFi efforts should be focused on Wiimmfi. I already enjoy the status page but even that could use a update. Maybe whole site or miiverse like page for it. I can even see a Wii forwarder for it.

Reactions: DreamcastBoy99

SNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Wiimm enabled TvC a while back. There are about 10 of us playing; none are beginners lol. As I said the problem for us with Wiimm is switching between servers got us the ban code. Wiimm will not unban you so our only option for Wiimm is to buy a new console.
I predict if Wiimm doesnt step up support for all games and figure out this ban thing, more break away servers will emerge. Just the nature of gamers....
Could you do us a favor since you didnt use altwfc server, you should be able to log on to TvC w/ wiimm. You have to reset your online id before going on (or you will get error code 6000). Let us know if you can enter a search or if you get the 90210 or 92070 or whatever codes?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Wiimm enabled TvC a while back. There are about 10 of us playing; none are beginners lol. As I said the problem for us with Wiimm is switching between servers got us the ban code. Wiimm will not unban you so our only option for Wiimm is to buy a new console.
I predict if Wiimm doesnt step up support for all games and figure out this ban thing, more break away servers will emerge. Just the nature of gamers....
Could you do us a favor since you didnt use altwfc server, you should be able to log on to TvC w/ wiimm. You have to reset your online id before going on (or you will get error code 6000). Let us know if you can enter a search or if you get the 90210 or 92070 or whatever codes?
I never managed to connect online with TvC. My copy is a NTSC-U copy and it tries to download data, "Downloading data..." and then i get a error message/code, 92020. Do the PAL and NTSC J versions work online?
This is the main game i have trouble with and mario kart wii works fine. Also if you get a ban code is that only for this game or for all games on wiimm and if so is there a unban code that can be used?

SNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the PAL and NTSC J versions work online?
if you get a ban code is that only for this game or for all games on wiimm and if so is there a unban code that can be used?

Yes,both Wiimm and SMT-ALTWFC servers both support PAL and NTSC. We know this because I (ntsc) have had many matches with Obiiwan (pal).

Wiimm's ban is CONSOLE so I assume its a server-wide ban.
This is a good question, I will test with another working game, and that will reveal whether it is TvC specific or the entire server.

There are unban codes, but there are also unban code detectors, that will ban you once you use them. The only way to get back on to Wiimm is "to buy a new console". That's a quote from Wiimm.

If you have riivolution, you should get the patch, and test our TvC server. Its super fast!

If you decide to, let me know when you might be around.

Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes,both Wiimm and SMT-ALTWFC servers both support PAL and NTSC. We know this because I (ntsc) have had many matches with Obiiwan (pal).

Wiimm's ban is CONSOLE so I assume its a server-wide ban.
This is a good question, I will test with another working game, and that will reveal whether it is TvC specific or the entire server.

There are unban codes, but there are also unban code detectors, that will ban you once you use them. The only way to get back on to Wiimm is "to buy a new console". That's a quote from Wiimm.

If you have riivolution, you should get the patch, and test our TvC server. Its super fast!

If you decide to, let me know when you might be around.

Quick question. Would it be possible to get this to work through something like usbloader gx instead of riivolution?

SNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. Would it be possible to get this to work through something like usbloader gx instead of riivolution?

Not yet. I was waiting for someone who might want that. Short answer is I think so. I don't use usbloader but maybe this makes sense to you:

This is the code to connect to altwfc, using usb loader:

"Ocarina Code
If you are using a USB loader, instead of the Brainslug app you can use this Ocarina code instead (thanks to FIX94 on GBAtemp for making this code): Ocarina Code | Source"

Since our code is based off altwfc, we need to find FIX94 here on GBAtemp to make the code with our dns. Our DNS is
dns1.stabletransit.com

I will try to get this done asap.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be sweet had heard bout this but haven't tried it yet.....i for sure don't wanna get Banned :unsure:

But im a Wiiflow user so ill wait for some updates here to make sure i can try this as im always down for some Battles...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.