Decrypt9WIP won't launch, blackscreen, then throws me back to Homebrew Launcher

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by EpicLPer, Jan 4, 2017.

1. EpicLPer
    OP

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    SOLVED! I'm just stupid lol. https://gbatemp.net/threads/decrypt...ack-to-homebrew-launcher.455781/#post-6979378

I'm running a New 3DS XL with A9LH/Luma with installed Homebrew Launcher CIA.
    Since I've successfully hacked all of my 3DS's (2x O3DS, 2x N3DS) and saved the backup of 3 of them but not my main one (the above mentioned one) I figured to do one now too. However, a bit hard when Decrypt9WIP won't launch to backup the tickets...

Steps are as following: Turn on 3DS > Launch Homebrew Launcher app from Luma SysNAND > Launch Decrypt9WIP (latest release) > Red Bottom Screen > Blackscreen > Red Bottom Screen > Back to Homebrew Launcher...

I did a NAND backup with Hourglass9 so not much of an issue there but I figured that saving the tickets wouldn't be bad either, just in case something ever goes totally wrong.

Last edited by EpicLPer, Jan 4, 2017
  2. Mrrraou

Mrrraou GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 17, 2015
    France
    firmlaunchhax/mch fails, lol, what are you expecting
    use the d9 payload with the luma chainloader

EpicLPer likes this.
  3. EpicLPer
    OP

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    Damn, that worked perfectly! Why didn't I think of this earlier...

Well, for newbies here in case someone needs it too: Download Decrypt9WIP ZIP > copy "Decrypt9WIP.bin" to luma/payloads > rename it to something like "down_Decrypt9WIP.bin" > hold down while booting your 3DS.

Thanks again, I feel kinda stupid now lol...

4. idlesiren

idlesiren Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2014
    Canada
    Just wanted to thank you because you totally saved me the headache of this... a big ole duh with a capital D! Thanks so much!