Tutorial  Updated

Decrypt XCI to RomFS and ExeFS for Atmosphere/FSRedirect/Backup Loading/Ryujinx/Yuzu in 1 click

IMPORTANT:
  • THIS TUTORIAL ASSUMES YOU HAVE THE DECRYPTION KEYS!
  • THIS TUTORIAL WILL NEVER PROVIDE KEYS
  • YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST ANY KEYS HERE!

Get Switch Keys (NEEDED):
My tutorial is here

Tutorial — RISEofProBB

Step 1 - PreparationStep 2 - DecryptionStep 3 - FinalizingExtras

1. Download hactool: https://github.com/SciresM/hactool/releases/
    2. Extract the following next to hactool.exe: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/decrypt-xci-v2-1-zip.131659
    3. Make sure your keys are in keys.ini filename and format and is next to hactool.exe aswell

1. Put the .XCI you want to decrypt next to hactool.exe (Important)
    2. Drag the .XCI onto the Decrypt-XCI.bat
    3. Let it do its thing, it could take a while
    4. Once you see "DONE!" your done!

1. The new folder xciDecrypted next to hactool.exe is now the romfs and exefs of the xci decrypted.
    romfs in xciDecrypted/romfs.bin and exefs in xciDecrypted/exefs
    The structure is 100% ready to copy and paste into sd:/atmosphere/titles/{titleid}/ for Backup Loading/LayeredFS Mods.
    (but you still need to rename the folder to the titleid and edit the main.npdm)
    To use this with Ryujinx, drag the xciDecrypted/exefs folder onto Ryujinx.exe (No idea about Yuzu).

• If you want the Batch file to close once its done, remove the last line (pause >nul) and save.

Thanks to gdkchan for the original script, since the original script, I have HEAVILY modified it.

Attachments

• Decrypt-XCI-v2.1.zip
    772 bytes · Views: 11,371
Last edited by PRAGMA,

Mrdx

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Can this tool be used with this method:

So, about backup loading.
(Don't take anything I say as facts, I'm not involved in any technical stuff due to lack of time and skill)

Hekate (which conseguently uses a stripped down version of Atmosphére) supports exeFS redirection (which is used to load hbmenu) in a quite simple manner:
you just create on your SD a folder called atmosphere/titles/TITLEID/exefs and put your 'main' and 'main.npdm' inside.

(Here's a list of titleIDs http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Title_list/Games)
You can do this with any title (including game cartridge).

Out of curiosity I attempted to load Zelda:BotW exeFS with this method and it did indeed load (or I think it did) just to crash soon after saying that "The software has been closed".
What of course we are missing (or I think we are) is romFS redirection (which was implemented in one of the latest Atmosphére commits).

If anyone wants to play with this, be my guest.

(Once again, I feel to need to reiterate that I could be, and probably am, wrong.)

In order to launch XCIs content on Atmosphere?? :O

Last edited by Mrdx,

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble trying to convert this command to the Linux equivalent:
Code:
hactool.exe -k keys.ini --exefsdir="xciDecrypted" --romfs="xciDecrypted\romfs.romfs" "xciDecrypted\%nca_file%"

I tried to convert the command to the following, but the program rejects the arguments (prints out a help screen)
Code:
./hactool -k keys.txt --exefsdir="xciDecrypted" --romfs="xciDecrypted\romfs.romfs" xciDecrypted/*.nca
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here...

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Hi
Tried to decrypt an xci file by dragging & dropping onto the decr.bat file
But I'm getting specified file not found in windows and also:
key <xxxxxxxxxxx> must be 32 hex!
What am I doing wrong?

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've followed the other tutorial about getting the keys.ini file and all is well with that. But when I try this I get an error message about invalid NCA header and could not find .tik/.cert files

Also some .nca files briefly appear in the xciDecrypted folder but vanish

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I heavilly updated this thread. Instead of ONLY getting romfs, it now gets romfs AND exefs and structures it 100% ready for Atmospheres LayeredFS redirect/Backup Loading!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Later versions of atmoshpére expect atmosphere/titles/TITLEID/romfs.bin (https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/At...tratosphere/fs_mitm/source/fsmitm_service.cpp)
Updated for this.

So basically what we need is a newer build of atmosphere + this tool and we’re set for loading backups ?
We can now do it!

Do we have a list of what games load?
Yes I made yet another list thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...redirection-list-of-working-redirects.507510/

pretty dope. any way we can easily just extract the contents of the .romfs file? :3c
You can now! :O

I am having trouble trying to convert this command to the Linux equivalent:
Code:
hactool.exe -k keys.ini --exefsdir="xciDecrypted" --romfs="xciDecrypted\romfs.romfs" "xciDecrypted\%nca_file%"

I tried to convert the command to the following, but the program rejects the arguments (prints out a help screen)
Code:
./hactool -k keys.txt --exefsdir="xciDecrypted" --romfs="xciDecrypted\romfs.romfs" xciDecrypted/*.nca
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here...
the *.nca isnt what we are doing here. the nca bit at the end is the full path to the BIGGEST .nca file. Hope you get it going. Recommend looking at my updated version though

Hi
Tried to decrypt an xci file by dragging & dropping onto the decr.bat file
But I'm getting specified file not found in windows and also:
key <xxxxxxxxxxx> must be 32 hex!
What am I doing wrong?
.xci must be right next to the hactool.exe and .bat file.
And you must get your keys. Read very top of thread.

I've followed the other tutorial about getting the keys.ini file and all is well with that. But when I try this I get an error message about invalid NCA header and could not find .tik/.cert files

Also some .nca files briefly appear in the xciDecrypted folder but vanish
Can you try new version I updated?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1