Tutorial  Updated

Decrypt XCI to RomFS and ExeFS for Atmosphere/FSRedirect/Backup Loading/Ryujinx/Yuzu in 1 click

IMPORTANT:
  • THIS TUTORIAL ASSUMES YOU HAVE THE DECRYPTION KEYS!
  • THIS TUTORIAL WILL NEVER PROVIDE KEYS
  • YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST ANY KEYS HERE!

Get Switch Keys (NEEDED):
My tutorial is here

Tutorial — RISEofProBB

Step 1 - PreparationStep 2 - DecryptionStep 3 - FinalizingExtras

1. Download hactool: https://github.com/SciresM/hactool/releases/
    2. Extract the following next to hactool.exe: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/decrypt-xci-v2-1-zip.131659
    3. Make sure your keys are in keys.ini filename and format and is next to hactool.exe aswell

1. Put the .XCI you want to decrypt next to hactool.exe (Important)
    2. Drag the .XCI onto the Decrypt-XCI.bat
    3. Let it do its thing, it could take a while
    4. Once you see "DONE!" your done!

1. The new folder xciDecrypted next to hactool.exe is now the romfs and exefs of the xci decrypted.
    romfs in xciDecrypted/romfs.bin and exefs in xciDecrypted/exefs
    The structure is 100% ready to copy and paste into sd:/atmosphere/titles/{titleid}/ for Backup Loading/LayeredFS Mods.
    (but you still need to rename the folder to the titleid and edit the main.npdm)
    To use this with Ryujinx, drag the xciDecrypted/exefs folder onto Ryujinx.exe (No idea about Yuzu).

• If you want the Batch file to close once its done, remove the last line (pause >nul) and save.

Thanks to gdkchan for the original script, since the original script, I have HEAVILY modified it.

Attachments

• Decrypt-XCI-v2.1.zip
    772 bytes · Views: 11,369
Last edited by PRAGMA,

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still getting issues about an invalid NCA header. Also get an error message that it couldn't find a .npdm file.

I'm pretty sure I'm dumping the right keys, I'm getting the "Now you can do hactool" message

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Updated to v2.1
  • Heavilly improved the batch files process. It doesnt have to do as much now.
  • the game.istorage file no longer goes into /exefs as its not needed for layeredfs and its the exact same file as romfs.bin
  • no longer have to manually rename romfs.romfs to romfs.bin
  • no longer have to delete a bunch of files
  • small speedup

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Still getting issues about an invalid NCA header. Also get an error message that it couldn't find a .npdm file.

I'm pretty sure I'm dumping the right keys, I'm getting the "Now you can do hactool" message
that msg always shows regardless of errors.
How many keys do you have?
Also is your keys file keys.dat or keys.ini

Reactions: TunaKetchup

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Updated to v2.1
  • Heavilly improved the batch files process. It doesnt have to do as much now.
  • the game.istorage file no longer goes into /exefs as its not needed for layeredfs and its the exact same file as romfs.bin
  • no longer have to manually rename romfs.romfs to romfs.bin
  • no longer have to delete a bunch of files
  • small speedup
I just tried it out with the DKC tropical Freeze .xci but in the folder xciDecrypted I did not get the exefs folder with the .npmd. Just got a .cert, .tik and the romfs.bin. Did I did something wrong? :unsure:

kuki89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys. Everything worked for me, but i only got the Masterkeys 0 and 4 so far. I also tried to decrypt it with the 1-click-decrypt tool, but it does not work, because "section 0" is corrupted. Any ideas?
also i only get the romfs.bin and not the exefs

greetings

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Hey guys. Everything worked for me, but i only got the Masterkeys 0 and 4 so far. I also tried to decrypt it with the 1-click-decrypt tool, but it does not work, because "section 0" is corrupted. Any ideas?
also i only get the romfs.bin and not the exefs

greetings
What game is it just curious.
But when this happens, you need more keys. Newer titles cause this to happen, new games tend to do this. Older games dont.

kuki89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What game is it just curious.
But when this happens, you need more keys. Newer titles cause this to happen, new games tend to do this. Older games dont.
I tried it so far with Scribblenouts and Dragon Quest Builders. Both times this happened.

Edit: Grammar

Last edited by kuki89,

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the fuck, all i got after i decrypted a donkey kong xci was a romfs.bin and a .cert and .tik file

help?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

note: didnt say that section 0 was corrupted or anything

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I drag Axiom Verge over Decrypt-XCI-v2.1 The only file I get is the romfs.bin
Is there something wrong to Axiom Verge? Like, I tried to do it to other games and I did get romfs.bin and exefs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.