Decisions, Decisions

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by T-hug, Apr 28, 2008.

Apr 28, 2008

Decisions, Decisions by T-hug at 6:41 PM (2,830 Views / 0 Likes) 30 replies

1. T-hug
    OP

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys,
    I've been using an M3 Simply since they launched and have never had any problems with it.
    Today I recieved 2x itouchDS and 1x M3 Real with Rumble Pak (was meant to be GBA pak but not too fussed as I have M3 Lite for GBA).
    [​IMG]

Anyway my question is, what should I upgrade to from my M3 Simply? Originally I was going to buy a Cyclo, but now I have these I figure I'll save my cash.
    I see lots of people with problems regarding M3 Real when certain games are released, and tbh, I want a card that requires minimal tinkering, like the Simply.

Any suggestions/input much appreciated, as atm I really am stumped as to what to keep and what to 'send to storage' as it were.

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    mainly as long as you have the right MicroSD card you wont run into problems
    I havnt found any problems with any DS games including TWEWY, except for some GBA games which I just applied patches and now work fine

3. Xeronage

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Stick with the M3 Real, the problems with new games are grossly exaggerated as I have been able to play TWEWY, FFCCROF, Pokemon, and many others, right on the day of the release without ANY PROBLEMS at ALL.

4. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    M3 real never really has problems with roms.
    usually when a problem occurs it is to blame on the soft-reset function
    it's an optional function that causes problems on some roms, but if you turn it off for the games that give problems the problems will be fixed.

any other problems can usually be blamed on bad dumps.

5. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I will too suggest M3 Real, it is very good flash cart, and will get better soon, so that's the one you should use..

iTouchDS isn't spread around, so there are no words on it, is it good or is it bad!! I would really like to try that cart out, I'm very interested in it, but you should go with the cart that is well known, so, yeah, M3 Real!!

6. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Sell all four and buy an acekard RPG.

And if you really want to use one of the four you already have, then try them! Pick for yourself which cart you feel is the best, because our opinions will differ. The 4 people above me recommend the M3 Real, but I can't the card due to its intolerable menu lag.

7. chaotic_geo

Member chaotic_geo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It depends on the theme you have though, and the speed of your microSD; if you use the default theme it's quite swift.

Meanwhile, Sakura is pretty much on our doorsteps...

8. NeoGunKuruma

Newcomer NeoGunKuruma Advanced Member

United States
    >->;
    So... 3-4 seconds to boot the menu is LAG?
    What Micro SD did you use?
    Mine is fine, (no lag).

9. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Not loading time, lag in the menu. Almost every other cart allows me to run quickly up and down ROM lists to find what I'm looking for. The M3 Real is more like *one rom* *stop* *one rom* *stop* *one rom* etc.

This is with the default theme and the fastest available MicroSDHC card (A-Data Class 6). If you've had experience with any other flashcart, this becomes apparent immediately.

10. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    He meant that "slowish" response in the GUI..It is noticeable when you use some other cart, and than switch to Real, then you can say it is little slow..But yeah, it depends on the skin that is used, maybe a little on the micro SD cart, but as I said numerous times!! It's not that big of a deal, you load game for two seconds longer that, lets say CycloDS, and than play the game for hour, or longer..It's not a problem, only if you're really spoiled..

Edit: Urza beat me to it..Yes, the game search on the cart isn't solved the best way, it could get painfully to list 60 games to the end of the list, but I really don't mind (but, I'm aware that lots of people see this as a big NO for the cart)

11. NeoGunKuruma

Newcomer NeoGunKuruma Advanced Member

United States
    Well the Sakura GUI will negate any comments saying the Real is slower than the CycloDS.
    ^__^

12. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    When its released and stable, sure.

However, smart consumers don't base such decisions on promises.

EDIT: Its also not just slower than the CycloDS. The M3 Real is by far the slowest cart in the entire market.

13. chaotic_geo

United Kingdom
    I'm sorry but I have difficulty understanding. I can cycle through 12 Roms in about 1 second...

In simple words, it is not slow nor laggy.

14. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    How many flashcards do you own?

15. chaotic_geo

United Kingdom
    At this point in time I own one flashcart, I do not see why I need more.

I had an R4 dude, d/w I am not stupid.

16. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Case in point.

17. chaotic_geo

United Kingdom
    Well I'm not exactly the kind of person to keep a collection.

18. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Well, it is a promise from M3 Team, and we've been given a proof..M3 Team isn't new on the scene, so their word means something..

There are people who are satisfied and love their Reals..Take me as an example, I'm using CycloDS and M3 Real, and I like the way Reals menu looks, much more than Cyclos, the way that Real can be customized is great and I love that, I don't notice those lags so much, and it doesn't bother me..

And I'm using CycloDS, and M3 Real simultaneously (every day I use both carts).

19. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    just use the L and R instead of scrolling using the dpad and or touch screen
    works a lot faster

20. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Just like the recent firmware updates for the G6 Re-

OH WAIT

Liar theories aside, even if they gave out the release date with good intentions, things happen. They may get stuck on something, something may be deemed impossible. Delays could occur, the project could be dropped, there could be required degradations before it can be stabilized.