Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It turns out there are promising games coming out soon (like Q3,4 2007)
Heavenly Sword
Lair
Warhawk
Uncharted

I was gonna wait till FF13 and FFVS13,

But dang I never knew Sony's 1st party games are of this quality.
Sixaxis is quite slick, except the VIBRATIIIIIIIION
And I heard MS abandoned Heavenly Sword and Sony took it over, such a bad call I would have considered XBOX360 if MS didn't.
God of War 2 came out in PS2 (heck why PS2? Only supports 480p when used in PS3 AFAIK) as well, which was my top killer 360 soft. Another loss for 360

I'll be getting a 37" Full HD TV as well, 1080p grabs me quite a bit. I'm a very patient man and willing to wait until BD becomes common and price gets affordable. For I already have 7.1 surround system and movie night at my place with buncha friends can't be bad.

Tell me if your PS3 + Full HDTV combination failed. I'd reconsider

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I currently have loan of a PS3 (but only a 480p TV
frown.gif
), it's a great system. Very powerful, great firmware functionality that will only get better.

Currently there aren't too many good games out for it but that'll eventually turn around. If you have a HD TV and more importantly the money to spare it's a worthwhile investment. A 360 would probably give you more bang for your buck at the moment though.

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll be getting a 37" Full HD TV as well, 1080p grabs me quite a bit. I'm a very patient man and willing to wait until BD becomes common and price gets affordable. For I already have 7.1 surround system and movie night at my place with buncha friends can't be bad.

dude that set-up basically screams for ps3, upscaled ps2 games, streaming media, downloadable HD trailers, and BDs

as for BD, you can just rent them, you wont be dissapointed, and there's a deal where you get 5 free BDs from buying ps3, dont miss it

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
yeah i'm supposed to import the darkness for my ps3 next week but i've decided to mod my Wii instead lmao, enjoy your ps3, and don't forget to download the demos off the playstation network.

and good on you for getting a nice big HDTV, it's dam nasty when people play on small SDTV's yuck!

don't worry about vibration now becasue it's only a matter of time before sony put rumble back into the controllers, and there is already rumours saying they have the final design for the new rumble cotroller.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
You are all fogetting about RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!!!!!!!

Nonetheless great decision, I mean at this point you can't go wrong with either console.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I just got Rainbow Six Vegas and Darkness. Must say, for a one year old game Vegas sure has suprised me. Already like it way more than Resistance. Darkness is already one of my favorite games and I just played it 3 times for about half an hour.
smile.gif

What 7.1 system do you have? Im looking for a good one myself atm.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No great games are out for it at the moment. It also costs too much £425 in the UK. I can see it going down to £325 before christmas and when the good games start appearing. Then it will be flying off the shelves.

zelgadis

Trophies
XP
Country
I cant wait till the ps3 gets hacked fully. It can be used for such great things or has such a great potential.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The good thing is it's BD region free (DVD region locked but it's okay)
I'm ordering Japanese games that aren't translated, actually I'm even ordering Japanese games that ARE translated, some games are just better in Japanese text.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma coming out in North America in 4 days or so. (Improved graphics, weapons added, Rachel playable version of NG Black)

Genji 2 is a bit disappointing, poor camera control and short playtime.

Not a big fan of FPS that doesn't support mouse. I'm a good CS player and I have no idea how people aim heads in console FPS with crosshair that is half a person big.

Folk's Soul (aka Folklore) has interesting game concept. I'll not sure if I should wait for English version or import Japanese version though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome