decent sd card?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by sparky930, Jun 11, 2006.

1. sparky930
    OP

sparky930 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2006
    United States
    circuitcity.com has a kingston 512mb sd card for $10. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was a half decent card and if it would work well with my supercard sd for playing mainly DS and GBA games. I currently have an old 256 san disk card but I am looking for something a little bigger and for a fairly cheap price. Does the read/write speed of the card really make a difference in playing games? Any insight is much appreciated. If this card is no good, does anyone have any other cheap suggestions for something I can buy in the US?

here's the link to the card if anyone wants to check it out:
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kingston-Te...roductDetail.do

Also, anyone know anything about this case?
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Intec-Ninte...roductDetail.do

I hate having to wait forever to get stuff from overseas...that's why I am trying to go the circuitcity route for most of my DSL stuff.

Thanks.

2. mr_saturn

mr_saturn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2006
    Canada
    Alberta
    I ordered one of those myself.

I ended up cancelling after seeing the new BatchDPG encoding method for moonshell. I'm gonna need a LOT more space than 512.

3. Shinji

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    City of Delusion
    I have that intec case but the psp version. it works nicely. it only opens about 90º, but its a good thing sometimes. about the card though, 512 no longer cuts it if you want to take FULL advantage of M3/SC. Its a good price for what it is though..

That actually reminds me...i think they constantly have good deals on SD cards on slickdeals.net [​IMG]

4. Shinji

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    City of Delusion
    Edit: fvck....

5. Corizzle

Corizzle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2006
    Canada
    I ordered a 1 GB ATP 133x one from CanadaComputers.ca for $39. Works if ytour in Canada

6. jon_jon

jon_jon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2003
    United States
    The Kingston 512MB SD for $10 after MIR is not a bad deal for that size card. Best Buy had a better deal earlier this week for a PNY 512MB SD for $5 after MIR. There seem to be sales almost every week on SD cards from various retailers.

7. science

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    I have 3 of these 512 cards ($30 CDN, thought that was a good deal) and it works perfectly. So buy it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice