wovva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm after a decent chess game and scrabble for my ds, am i realy going to have to go for gba scrabble and GB chessmaster? Or has anything bettered either?

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's that chess game for the computer - Chess Grandmaster? Someone should be able to port an older version of that game to the DS, because that is probably harder than clubhouse games...
And yeah, Scrabble would be cool.

wovva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What's that chess game for the computer - Chess Grandmaster? Someone should be able to port an older version of that game to the DS, because that is probably harder than clubhouse games...
And yeah, Scrabble would be cool.
Scrabble seems like such an obvious choice for the DS - I wonder if there are plans to make it.

I wouldn't have the technical know how for a port - but I would like a challenge.

Chessmaster was one of the great chess games, and yet no DS version?

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's a DSchess homebrew that I am going to try out now, you can find it in GBAtemp's homebrew database thread...But it does not seem like its supported anymore (the author hasn't made an update for many months). I think the source is released so someone can continue it...

[EDIT]DS chess is pretty cool. No wifi or anything like that sadly, but the computer isn't easy. It has a few bugs (like, it said I was in check when there was no way I was, and wouldn't let me move anything because of it. I had to start a new game). There's no two-player hotseat play, but the touchscreen works perfectly.
Its a good chess game, it just has no multiplayer (I would think that hotseat would be easy to implement). All it would take is someone to add that stuff in (and they should!).
There's adustable AI difficulty as well, yay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho