Homebrew Debating If I Should Homebrew My OTHER N3DS XL

AJBauer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a while back my N3DS XL suffered a nasty accident and the screen was cracked. I bought a new one from a used game store (That sadly shut down recently). Well, I made sure that the firmware version was low enough to Homebrew it. At this point I had never tried to Homebrew a 3DS but I figured getting another one was a good excuse to actually go through with it.

Sadly, Nintendo caught me and banned my 3DS. For the most part I wouldn't care since I don't like playing online games. However it does mean that I can't use Pokémon Bank which I actually have need of. I got my old, banged up N3DS XL functioning again. I thought about using that one just for Pokémon Bank and just transfer the Pokémon to the other 3DS but that would be very inconvenient since I could only accomplish that through trading (I bought a digital copy of Pokémon Sun so using offline Pokémon Bank isn't possible.) Also, to use Pokémon Bank on my other 3DS would require me to update it. I really don't want to update the thing and regret not Homebrewing it later. That said I'd rather not also ban the old one.

I am aware that I can use a second Homebrewed 3DS to unban the one I have but the guide says that I can't use Pokémon Bank if I do that.

What should I do?

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
IMO, the chances of getting banned nowadays are getting lower and lower by time. There are still banwaves every now and then, but they are becoming rarer over time. Honestly, i would CFW your 3DS. There's ways of hiding homebrew applications, and if you do not plan in cheating on games, the chances of a ban are even smaller. If a banwave ever occurs again, there will much probably posts about it all over the internet, so you'd know when it's time to "hide" and when you can come back.

But i mean, only CFW if you REALLY think you're going to need/use it for a good reason. But nowadays, it's harder for Nintendo to ban your console. I've had CFW since a very long time ago and i cheat in some games (not online competitive though) and never had problems, neither have been banned.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As far as bank is concerned, have you looked into PKSM?
It has a bank function and works for digital and cart games.
Not sure if it supports transfers between gameboy and 3ds titles, but it otherwise works very well.

However, it doesn't truly behave like the bank would in some instances I think (like updating owner / received data. But if thats non of your concerns.

as for unbanning, there's always public friendcode seeds somewhere. they eventually get banned cause one of the many people downloading them does something stupid, but there's always more.

AJBauer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as for unbanning, there's always public friendcode seeds somewhere. they eventually get banned cause one of the many people downloading them does something stupid, but there's always more.

If I use a public Friendcode Seed will I still be unable to use Pokémon Bank?

AJBauer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I'm going to go through with homebrewing the scratched one. I'd still like to know if there's a way to unban the unscratched one without losing Pokémon Bank though.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok. I'm going to go through with homebrewing the scratched one. I'd still like to know if there's a way to unban the unscratched one without losing Pokémon Bank though.
Do you have the ban that just bans online features of games or the one that completely bans your NNID fully?

Reactions: AJBauer

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure. The error code is 002-0102 if that helps.
That one just needs a need local friend code seed to unban with. I think that once thats done you should be able to use pokebank. The full NNID ban would be the one that completely blocks you out from being able to do that.

Reactions: AJBauer

AJBauer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That one just needs a need local friend code seed to unban with. I think that once thats done you should be able to use pokebank. The full NNID ban would be the one that completely blocks you out from being able to do that.
Do I need to find one online or can I get one from the scratched 3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."