Test Debate: Lego™ Games

Have Lego Games aged well and have they gotten better?

• They were good back then!

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • They weren't that good back then!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are good now!

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • They aren't that good now!

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Undecided...

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Not sure...

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1B51004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on a conversation on The Meme Box thread (and in partial anticipation of Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, totally forgot about that game), I was curious and wanted to see what you all think about a half serious, half jokingly topic, which is why this is in the EOF.

Today's topic: Have Lego™ games aged well and have they gotten better?

This isn't just about Lego Star Wars (arguably, one of the more popular Lego games series) more so, all of the Lego games series. This includes Lego Marvel, Lego Batman (DC to be exact) Lego Disney, and any original series (Lego Island, Lego Worlds, etc.) as well as others I may not have mentioned

I would give my own opinion, but I currently only have 5 uncompleted lego games due to not having enough time to play them and one having the added 'benefit' of... not being that interesting *COUGHCOUGHLEGOWORLDSCOUGHCOUGH* the first 4 are pretty good so far, but I would like to give my opinion once I complete them

Please be respectful and conscious of others and other's opinions. This """""""study""""""" may not be 100% accurate (not enough responses, biased views, etc.)

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
(In order of played)

LEGO Star Wars 1/2/TCS (GC/Wii): Amazing and epic

Lego Loco (PC): Enjoyed my time with it, not much of a game but I have fond memories of it

Legoland (PC): Enjoyed my time with it

LEGO Indiana Jones 2 The Adventure Continues (DS): It always felt kinda gross to play, bit I enjoyed it I guess

LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes (Wii): This game seemed so poorly optimized for Wii, it killed the laser inside the Wii, also they didn't include the DLC characters in the Wii version in any capacity. It was also rather buggy, I mean all of the licensed ones are to some extent, but this one had some more gross stuff, like spawning in unloaded areas of Gotham City. This is probably my least favorite of the ones I've played, but maybe if I revisited Legoland or IJ2 I'd change my mind. Otherwise, it was cool and I enjoyed my time with it and all that

I have some interest in The Skywalker Saga, but it's been delayed so much and I think I'll probably wait to see if it's actually good + the Switch port isn't incompetent

Last edited by banjo2,

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Lego games have always been pretty decent, they have never quite been 100% though. All of the ones I have played have crashing issues and the newer ones have some very weird bugs that come from the insane scope they where given. Like the 360 LOTR one is impossible to 100%, one of the large boss things also just shoved my character into the floor and the void killed me. Lego City: Undercover has a bunch of places you just fall through terrain.

Reactions: 1B51004

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My child self adored the PS2 LEGO Star Wars games; a few years ago, I had a decent amount of fun with LEGO Marvel Superheroes, I believe it was, and LEGO Indiana Jones was fun back in the day too. Not to mention LEGO Island, also as a kid.

Not all LEGO games are good, though - I will never touch LEGO The Force Awakens, or whatever, and found Marvel Superheroes 2 to be quite bland and uninteresting compared to the original.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never played one tbh.
There's a new one out recently called Lego Builder something or other, it was on a Nintendo Direct or something, and it's more of a puzzle game than the usual Lego action games. Looked like it could be interesting if it's not too simple and kiddy.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Never played one tbh.
There's a new one out recently called Lego Builder something or other, it was on a Nintendo Direct or something, and it's more of a puzzle game than the usual Lego action games. Looked like it could be interesting if it's not too simple and kiddy.
lego builder's journey, graphics are wayyy better than they should be

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't played any in a hot second. I remember them being fun times, not works of art but neat fun. I doubt that's changed. Want to get the new Star Wars one if it ever comes out...

Reactions: 1B51004 and banjo2

1B51004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ngl the best game was lego indiana jones for the wii, next best was lego undercover for the wii u
oh yeah lego city undercover! got that one for switch. it's pretty good so far, but i think they could have optimised it a bit more. i also somehow got stuck at a cutscene at one point, but i eventually got myself out.

Reactions: Vila_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real