Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've heard a lot about the Double Down 'fatwich' in the US, and it has finally reached Philippine shores. Should I give it a shot or not? Share your experiences with it while you guys are at it. XD

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing was so controversial in the US that there were segments about it on nationally broadcast news programs like Good Morning America or (maybe it was Today), and the one I saw featured a panel of 8 professional adult taste testers. What makes them professional is that their training is to be able to describe a food without using preferential adjectives like, "this tastes great" - they have to use specific adjectives that relate to spices or specific flavors/textures.
After the professional review, they were asked what they personally thought about the double down, and most of them said they'd eat it again, though they all seemed to express they wouldn't actually plan to eat it again. Just that they would because it tasted good overall. Most normal adults don't "plan" to eat something extremely high in fat, cholesterol, salt, glutamates, etc.

edit: in response to neo duality's comment comparing it to a cigarette,

if you plan to smoke just one cigarette, and do it, and don't go back.
then you eat just one double down, and do it, and don't do it again,

the damage done by the sandwich is arguably worse than a single cigarette, even if it's an unfiltered rollie.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Believe it or not the BUNS have a ton of calories compared to the bunless doubledown, so you get more food for your calorie buck. But it's still a load of shit. Fast food is legal crack cocaine. It is not designed to satisfy your hunger, it is designed to turn your tastebuds into the stockholders' and CEOs' whore. Escape the clutches, don't snake your tongue up some food corp's anus, eating healthy is EASY once you flush the addiction.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
neo duality said:
Give it a pass. Not only is it overrated, but also extremely unhealthy. Logistically, (and this is equalizing an assumed negative fallacy) a double down sandwich is almost as unhealthy as smoking a cigarette .
Smoking just one cigarette isn't THAT bad for you though.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
neo duality said:
Demonbart said:
neo duality said:
Give it a pass. Not only is it overrated, but also extremely unhealthy. Logistically, (and this is equalizing an assumed negative fallacy) a double down sandwich is almost as unhealthy as smoking a cigarette .
Smoking just one cigarette isn't THAT bad for you though.

...it is.
Just one isn't.
Have you ever tried? I think not if you're saying that.
Have I ever tried? Yes I have, and I only smoke a couple a week, and I don't notice any negative effects on my health or condition.
So no, smoking one cigarette isn't that bad.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh goodie it's here!
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted-247497

looks good. I don't eat fast food often, mostly because i don't like alot of it, but everyonce in a while I dont see the big problem with eating something a little unhealthy once in a while.. it wont kill you.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed.. once in a while won't kill you.
I've wanted to try the double down ever since I saw that news segment, but I have a hard time justifying going out of my way to go to a KFC for one. I haven't had KFC in probably about 2 years because there isn't one in walking distance.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be willing to bet a double down that they're being offered at the KFC's in Virginia.
So if you can't buy one, I'll buy one for you and fedex it... or eat it on your behalf

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've tried one before. There was a lot of cheese, and the chicken pieces were very crispy. It looks small but it will definitely fill you up (well it wasn't enough for me so I took some of my bro's wings).

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
they released it in Canada recently .
seeing as i tried it already when i visited the States, i didn't bother buying another one .

IMO, in the end it felt like 2 giant chicken strips with melted cheeze and bacon inbetween it .
it's not everyday you could have chicken instead of buns so i'd say it was pretty good .

celeron53

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I eat this once a month, all you gotta do is exercise to burn out the crap. Then again, some people dont have the time to exercise,
but they have the time to eat?
blink.gif

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
celeron53 said:
I eat this once a month, all you gotta do is exercise to burn out the crap. Then again, some people dont have the time to exercise,
but they have the time to eat?
blink.gif

How much do you eat that you equate eating time with hours of exercise?! And for that matter, (you weren't very definite, so I have to assume you were referring to eating anything), do you think eating is optional or something?

I'm a full-time student and a near-full time worker, and I get at least an hour of exercise in each and every single day - if I can, you can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hands free vr