death to speakers?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by chalupa, Feb 21, 2007.

Feb 21, 2007

death to speakers? by chalupa at 12:31 AM (1,014 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. chalupa
    OP

Member chalupa GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ok, after some competitive Mario-kart on the bus ride home i open my ds lite only to find that my speakers are not producing any sound but it works fine with headphones. my DS is getting sent to Nintendo to fix a dead pixel so hopefully they will also fix my speakers but has anyone else had this problem? its a lite.

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Most likely, the switch that shuts off your speakers when you plug in the headphones has gotten stuck in the headphone jack.

3. chalupa
    OP

United States
    how would one go about fixing this? [​IMG]

4. Wanque

Member Wanque GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Maybe try sticking a headphone jack in and pulling it out a couple of times.

Or pour water in there.

(Wanque does not recommend pouring water into your DS's headphone socket)

5. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Well....you could try plugging and unplugging your headphones in the jack a few times and see if it fixes itself.

Possibly (with the DS OFF) try picking at the contacts in the jack with a toothpick or something to free the stuck contact (I'm not sure which one that would be though). But this could damage the jack and then you wouldn't have sound with or without headphones, not to mention maybe voiding your warranty.

When you send your DS in for the dead pixel, they will just toss that one in a pile of busted DS's and send you a new one, your speaker problems will likely be over.

6. chalupa
    OP

United States
    are you sure? they said that the procedure was different for dead pixels and that i couldn't do advanced replacements but that i needed to do the repair options, will they still fix it?

7. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    I had the smae problem as well and i returned to where i bought and they gave me a new one without any hassle

8. maverickhunter

Newcomer maverickhunter Member

Netherlands
    is it posible that someone can make a picture of there headphone port so that i can see wat is wrong with my. So that i can fix it