Death strikes again in my family.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by RayorDragonFall, May 5, 2007.

May 5, 2007
  1. RayorDragonFall
    OP

Member RayorDragonFall I see you've played knifey-spoony before.

Spain
    Ok I don't know why I'm posting this. I guess that if anyone here cares about me they should know why I am the way I am at the moment. My uncle died today, I'm still in a state of shock. So many things are going to change, and I'm stuck in spain not being able to go to either the funeral or be with my family.
    My uncle.
    News article.

I don't know whats going to happen to my cousin, or Amelia (my uncles girlfriend). I've tried to convince my parents but they won't let me go over. Mum is leaving tomorrow or on monday. Phone hasn't stopped ringing, on and off, and I keep feeling sick.
    Supposedly I have a lot of school work to do, but I don't see myself being able, or bothering to pass the tests anytime soon. Looks like piano will be down the drain soon too anyways.

2. rest0re

Member rest0re GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    thats shitty [​IMG] my granmom died not too long ago.

3. RayorDragonFall
    OP

Spain
    That sucks, I'm sorry for you rest0re.
    I'm really worried about Billy (cousin) though... He will go back to his mum and our side of the family doesn't want that to be honest. Also Amelia might move to Isle of Man or something, so I might not see her again either...

4. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    I'm sad to hear it, Ray. It's always a shock when someone goes so suddenly. I'm sure it's little comfort to know that he was involved in a very dangerous sport, and took his life into his hands every time he raced. My brother used to be a mountain climber, and ever time he went off to do what to me was an insane hobby, I always had a bit of fear that he wouldn't come back. The truth is though, that the daring know their risks and are good with it, indeed part of the thrill is the overabundant feeling of life as death sits at your elbow, waiting to pluck you. Still I hate to hear when someone obviously so young is taken, regardless of how much more life they've lived than your average person.

I assume this is your mom's brother, as I think I see a strong resemblance, even though I've only seen your mom on a webcam, and your uncle with a helmet on, those eyes seem to be a strong trait, even see it in you a bit. Even if I'm wrong about that, be sure that your family's stream in the river of life will continue to have plenty of your uncle swimming about in it, in ways that will make themselves more evident as time goes by.

Forgive your mom for not wanting you to go, she has her reasons, and I'm sure they're sound. There may be reasons beyond what she told you, but take what she said and try to concentrate on your schoolwork, it will make things easier for your mom if you do. Keeping in touch with Billy and Amelia might be tough at times, but I'm sure that is a way in which you can help them. They will need the contact of you and their other family and friends to help fill the gigantic loss they've suffered. It'll do you good to.

Again, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I'll be more available to talk next week when I don't have the kids, so I'll keep the MSN up when I'm at home, just beep me, I'll be around.

5. beautifulbeast

Member beautifulbeast GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    My condolences go with you, although that sounds stupid when only you and your family can feel the pain of his loss.
    At least you know your uncle had an accomplished life enjoying a sport he loved.
    I'm sorry you can't make it to the funeral but don't worry, he probably knew that you loved him.

6. RayorDragonFall
    OP

Spain
    Well thanks mthr. I still don't know what to make of this yet. I'm really, really worried about Billy and Amelia though. They will be very screwed up about this. Amelia and my uncle were going to get married and have children, but they didn't get married yet because of his ex-wife, lawyers and so on making his life impossible.
    I talked earlier with my cousin over msn. Looks like everyone is at my grandparents house. Billy is with her mum, my uncles ex-wife.
    The motorbike workshop will close down. I'm not even sure he had even tried out the helicopter he built. It was his dream. It took him so long to build it...
    I remember every time I went over seeing it getting done slowly. The first tv I played my Wii on was the tv he used to see instructional videos with, lol.
    I'm not sure if Billy will ever ride bikes any more. Or what will become of my family. Every year it gets torn further apart, with cousins leaving to study far away, and stuff.

Also, on the news page, it says that he died to save another bikers life, so I guess I'm proud of that, even though I have to say I'd prefer that he lived instead.. I think it was his last race also, he was going to leave it, settle down forever.
    Thanks.

7. RayorDragonFall
    OP

Spain
    Sorry to double post but yeah, here's a small update.

Looks like Amelia isn't going yet. Mum was able to talk to her through crying and sobbing. I basically stood behind the door for a while, because you know the way adults don't want you to know much, and I desperately needed to know how Amelia was coping. They calmed down and somehow I heard my name, so I went in. Mum told Amelia that I wanted to go, and something that really got to me was that Amelia said that she knew that I'd want to be there to be there for everyone. But she agreed with my mum, about going over there. Better to go in like 2 months (summer) when things have calmed down and people stop crying.

Anyways, mum has gone over. I think she'll be on her way home from Dublin, going to the north. As for me, dad is going away on a business trip for a week, so I'm left alone. Looks like I'll be staying at my grandparents though. I think my parents have written something for my teachers but I'm not too sure. Don't know what I should tell people though.. Had a go at studying and I might just be able to pull it off, lol. I guess I'm not good at giving up XD

Thanks everyone
    Amy

8. Ben_j

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    That sucks [​IMG] I'm sorry for you and your familly. My aunt died a few months ago too...

9. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    I'm very sorry for your loss.

10. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

Amy [​IMG] ...
    if there's anything we can do for you...

11. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    Oh man.... know exactly how it feels to lose someone you knew very well... hope you get over that shock quick... if you need help or something like this just let us know...

12. RayorDragonFall
    OP

Spain
    Hey everyone, thanks for all this.
    Nothing much to be done now, at least from over here. Maybe if any of you could keep me company over the next few days, any of you use stuff like msn or yahoo messenger, or maybe just pming about on gbatemp? My parents are gone and even though I'll be staying with my grandparents I hope to be able to bring this laptop over with me. Its got bluetooth so I'm in my bed stealing someones internetz at the moment, lol. (Ok that reminded me of a cat pic!).
    Wonder what I should say to my friends, only one that knows is Charly, best friend since I was 3, somewhat a bastard but good friend when needed, some of you might have heard of him. Thing is, I don't want people to think I'm using this situation, as in wanting pity and so on. I just want people to be calm around me at the moment, if you guys/girls get what I mean? And I dont want too pressure from tests either, but I guess theres not much I can do for that one, even though I think my parents may have written something for my teachers.

13. ShadowXP

Member ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United Kingdom
    That sucks [​IMG] I'm sorr for your loss. I know we don't especially know each other but you've been a decent contributor to this forum throughout the years, hit me up on MSN if you want, I'm not busy at all (it should be in my profile IIRC)

Take your time with your friends since I'm sure they'll understand in the end, try and get things straight with yourself and your family first. Also, school exams can always been retaken especially under circumstances like this... try to take your mind off that for a while and focus on what's currently really important.

14. RayorDragonFall
    OP

Spain
    Cool, thanks Shadow, I added you to my contacts.
    Looks like my family is coping well, minus my grandpa, from what I've heard from a cousin. They are all at my grandparents house. I hope I at least get a chance to say good bye to Amelia if she goes away.

15. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    My condolences [​IMG]

16. spokenrope

Member spokenrope c7

United States
    May 4th was the eight year anniversary of my grandmother on my mom's side passing. I was 16 years old at the time, and I remember just being devastated at her death. What made it even worse was my grandpa dying just a few months later.

I don't even know what I'd do if I lost my uncle. I never really talk to him anymore, even though he's by far my favorite relative. I think I'll give him a call today and see if he can get together some time.

And Amy, it sounds like you have a lot people around here that you can turn to if you need someone to talk you, and you can certainly count me among them. PM me if you need anything.

17. RayorDragonFall
    OP

Spain
    Thanks everyone.
    Well this uncle was the only brother my mother had, the rest are sisters. I just had a call with mum.
    I might be able to see Amelia after all; Billy isn't too bad, mum was able to make him laugh a bit saying that I'd be furious because hes getting really tall; funeral is on wednesday. Stuff like that.

As for me, my knuckles on my left hand are still pink and an old scar stopped bleeding so its fine. Dad will write something for my teachers, even though he told me he thought it wasn't necessary. I felt burning inside, like well its not my fault if you don't give a shit (he didn't cry, but I don't think he doesn't care). Its just he was my uncle, for dad its only part of mums family if you get what I mean. Also he shouted at me when I wanted to talk to mum for a bit longer. He's such an... yeah, sometimes.

18. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Growing up around bikes the same thing happened to me on a few occasions.

You have my condolences.

19. RayorDragonFall
    OP

Spain
    Hey, yeah I've kinda been a bit absent. Lots going on in school, have to study. I haven't played the piano at all (teacher is trying to fail me).

Funeral was today, looks like it's everywhere. Mum told me how people from tv channels went over too. I'm glad it's not that much of a show over here though, I don't want people trying to talk to me about it when they normally wouldn't care if you get what I mean.