Death Stranding possibly hinted at for PC release, following removal from list of PS4 exclusives

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 8, 2019.

1. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    NO ANDROID PORT !!!? WTF

AlanJohn and itsokaytobeyeet like this.
  2. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Actually tons since they're all on a Microsoft platform and they actually make money from all the games bought on PC while Sony does less. I guess you missed the part of Bill Gates speech back in the day with the first Xbox console that it was always microsoft's intention to release games on a console plus on pc wich is a Microsoft platform and that they tried to do that even back then but couldn't due to hardware limitations. Plus don't get so offended, i'm mostly a pc gamer so i'm not trying to start a fanboy wars. Since it's quite clear from your comment that you instantly got offended and went in to defensive fanboy mode trying to attack me like i'm an xbox fanboy ?? Well read the signature on my profile, it's quite clear i'm not

Last edited by kumikochan, Aug 8, 2019
    Dagosty likes this.
  3. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    They're a part of the Xbox brand. So, any Xbox exclusive on PC counts. You're smarter than this.

yacepi15 likes this.
  4. AbyssalMonkey

AbyssalMonkey GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2013
    Antarctica
    Prox
    Didn't Sony claim that they were going to be releasing their exclusives on PC at one point? Because they finally realized they weren't actually competing with the people who already owned a PC?

I feel like the statement was quite a few years ago, and considering we haven't seen anything come from it, plus them just now releasing their death grip on cross platform games because of Fortnite, it's probably not coming to PC.

In any event, it will come to PC eventually, through the power of emulation. I can wait a decade or so. You couldn't force me to play on in-line dual analogue sticks anyway.

5. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Justinde75 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    Didnt they talk about a pc release when they first showed it?

Shadowfied and Xzi like this.
  6. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Where my feet lie on the ground
    Did they? I question that realization. As an owner of both, if a game comes to both, you can bet I'm going to play it on my PC.

7. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    One day I will get to play Viva Pinata and Grabbed by the Ghoulies on PC, just you wait! :P

8. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    *looks at all of the Yakuza games that have been localized to the US on PS4*

9. Rommstain

Rommstain Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2006
    Ukraine
    Stadia release seems unlikely, considering Sony has its own game streaming service.

Epic Exclusive? Well we finally got Journey on PC through them, so who knows. Maaay-be Epic offered Sony a bigger share of Fortnite microtransactions? A tasty morsel of exclusive tit-for-tat?

10. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    i'm getting sick of epic now cause of their IP Snatching hope it isn't them

11. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

GBAtemp Patron
    AlanJohn is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2011
    Ukraine
    Canada,New Jersey
    Please come to PC. I actually contemplated getting a used PS4 just for DS, but if it comes out for PC I'll be saving a lot of money. Come on Tim Sweeney, you can do this.

12. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I don't think Sony could possibly pay Kojima enough to keep this exclusive indefinitely. It'll come to PC (and possibly XB1) a year after release at most. If it was going to be a PS4/PS5 exclusive, they still would've kept the "only on Playstation" logo.

Last edited by Xzi, Aug 10, 2019
  13. Dagosty

Dagosty Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2018
    Portugal
    Seems like you are being honest to be a person who knows nothing about Xbox brand (games and services) and yes you are being a troll just for that. The games you mentioned are just a few from Xbox and are from 3 to 6 years ago. What were you doing in these 3 to 6 years? Were you sleeping on a cave or something..

Regarding Death Stranding.. if it come to PC i will definitely welcome it, it is a Kojima game so there is no reason not to play it when i get some spare time ofc.

Last edited by Dagosty, Aug 11, 2019