ROM Hack Death Note - L wo Tsugu Mono - Translation attempt

celebrindal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
(In Progress)

So it seems no one has translated the Death Note games.

I'll give this a shot, although my japanese is fairly bad, so if you see a mistake, let me know
smile.gif

So far I've only done the opening cut-scene, up to where to gameplay begins.

Also, I'm completely new to the site, so I hope linking to a .doc file is allowed

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zgufumy2yz5

celebrindal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I've no idea how to do a patch, so if someone wants to take the translation and make a patch, they're more than welcome.

Also, because I've just started the translation, I felt that it wouldn't make much sense to make a patch just yet.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Not to be an asshole but what you are doing is not really usefull for a patch.
Rarely the text on screen is on the same order inside the game so or you have somebody that can read japanese and place your translation on the right place (but if he can read it, it doesn't need your translation) or you insert the japanese text in your doc as well so that anybody can insert the translation inside the game.

Here you have a quick and fast dump created with SJIS_Dump of the text in the ARM9 of the game.
I hope it's not too messed up and don't delete any part of the text (only if it doesnt' make sense and it's a "wrong" dump").
Add your translation below each japanese sentence.

By the way, if my memory is not wrong, this is the second game on ds, not the first one.

If i have time, i will check that data.bin file that is an archive with many compressed files on it (i saw some graphics and probably some text).
Just need a splitter / rebuilder for that offset/size header :)

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Did you guys realize that the post was from 2009 and the thread owner was last seen on GBAtemp 4 years ago?
Oooooppppppssss, that what i get for answering friday night after work but still in the office :P
Well, I have the excuse that i noted myself this games (at least the first one) as "possible project but let it do some new guy" because from the looks i gave the game a while ago, it seemed pretty easy to hack and good for a new guy :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr