Gaming Death Note Coming to DS!

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The game is supposed to play like Phoenix Wright, and will have some pretty neat features. They ’re describing the game as “recreating the psychological warfare between L and Light.” From what I can understand, you start the game as either L or Light, and try to trick your opponent into revealing themselves.

http://www.japanator.com/death-note-coming...the-nintendo-ds

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Ooooo sounds good
smile.gif
I really hope they translate and release it outside of Japan, it looks like one of those titles that's unplayable without knowing the language. Time will tell I guess.

(Slightly OT, but while I'm thinking of it anyone know if they're planning on releasing the movies with subtitles on DVD?)

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh screw the movies. Anime/manga or nothing lol. That being said, the chances of this being released outside Japan are slim, which is a damn shame. I am a huge ****ing mark for Death Note. It's probably my favorite anything right now, and I'd love to play it.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope this gets a US or EU release.

For anyone that has a slight interest in manga, it is probably one of the most entertaining manga I have read and the anime is brilliant too!

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The anime was licensed recently, so there is a chance that this game might be released when the anime comes out in North America.
Since this game is heavy dialogue, I guess I'll be waiting for an English release..

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see no reason for this to not be released in English.

The manga is already being released in America by Viz and Viz has recently picked up the rights for the anime in America and plan on airing it here before it's even done in Japan. Plus I heard the Death Note live action movie is planned to be subtitled and released in America and depending on how well it sells, they may remake the movie Hollywood style. They seem to believe this is going to be big in America so I don't see why a game won't be released here as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?