DEATH BATTLE Idea 1 (True Demon Hitoshura vs Daniel Garner)

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Wolvenreign, Oct 29, 2013.

?

Who would win in a Death Battle, True Demon Demifiend or Daniel Garner?

1. True Demon Demifiend

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Daniel Garner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wolvenreign
    OP

Wolvenreign Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat

Jul 7, 2008
    United States
    Indianapolis, IN
    So, I'm assuming most of you are familiar with the excellent ScrewAttack series DeathBattle. I had a couple of ideas myself, but considering that these characters are relatively obscure, it seems unlikely that it would happen. I have two ideas, and so I'm splitting them into two threads so we can have two polls. With that being said, let me present to you my first idea for an episode...

True Demon Demifiend / Final Hito-Shura (Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne) vs Daniel Garner (Painkiller series)

Lucifer's human-turned-demon partner in crime against the lovelorn heaven's hitman. With this scenario, we have a perfect character match that exists on two opposite sides of a battle. This fight would take place right after the end of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne's True Demon path, during Lucifer and Hito-Shura (The Demifiend's) joint assault on heaven. Daniel would be called to defend heaven's gates if he ever wants to see his wife again.

Daniel's weaponry and sharp reflexes make a tough opponent for any Demon, as seen in Painkiller Black, where he mows down hundreds of them in every level, including the crown princes of hell. Even Lucifer himself falls to him at the end of PKB. His varied arsenal includes the Painkiller, a blender-like death device that has the ability to shoot it's metal claw and a superheated death ray along with it, a shotgun with a freezing shot attachment, two kinds of stake guns (one metal that also shoots five stakes and a volley of grenades, and one wooden that shoots a single large grenade), a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning, an assault rifle combined with a flamethrower, and a minigun combined with a rocket launcher.

Though Daniel would likely find it easy enough to tear through most of the Demifiend's demon army like the consequences of taco night tear through toilet paper, the real challenge would likely come from the Demifiend himself. His resistances (only penetrable by Almighty attacks, which are both non physical and non elemental), ungodly powerful attacks (Gaia Rage causes an earthquake where Almighty energy pours out from the fissures, and Friekrugel sticks an energy drill through the opponent's chest), and abilities (such as Pierce, which allows him to penetrate any defense outside of ones that actually heal from his attacks) make for a truly formidable foe.

In fact, just like Daniel, the Demifiend has also beaten Lucifer, although with two additional caveats. One, Hito-Shura fought Lucifer under friendly pretenses. He had already agreed to be on Lucifer's side, and the two only fought so that the Demifiend could prove himself. Two, Hito-Shura had three additional high-level demons fighting alongside him. So not only was Lucifer obviously holding back, but it was a four-on-one fight. Not so for Garner, who had to fight ol' Lucy one on one, and no-holds barred.

Still, in both cases, it was implied that Lucifer survived, and obviously so for this scenario. As for who I think would win, my vote has to go for the True Demon Demifiend. Those defenses make him practically untouchable, and although his demon army likely wouldn't be terribly effective against Garner, they would make a good distraction.

What do you guys think? Who would win, Daniel Garner or Hito-Shura? Please vote and comment. Thanks!

2. Thanatos Telos

Thanatos Telos random stuff

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Reddit.com/r/whowouldwin would give you much more comprehensive answers.
    Anyway, Hito-Shura because I'm a MegaTen fanboy.

3. Wolvenreign
    OP

Wolvenreign Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat

Jul 7, 2008
    United States
    Indianapolis, IN