Dear fellow console peasants...

Hi.

• Oh shit, PC can't stand up to our 30FPS!

• GET THE NUKE.

Results are only viewable after voting.

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
We must rise up.
We must revolt.
Owning a console is cheaper than a fucking PC.
ON THIS INDEPENDENCE DAY, WE WILL NOT FALTER!
WE WILL STRIKE THOSE FUCKING PC WHORES DOWN AND CLAIM OUR RIGHTFUL PLACE!!!
ARE YOU WITH ME FELLOW PEASANTS?!!
THEN JOIN THE REVOLUTION! WE MUST NOT BACK DOWN!!!
https://discord.gg/hxyz4

Reactions: FrozenDragon150

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both sides of this war have cancer. PC is better in some ways, console is better in others. Both are not fully perfect. I'm not going to judge you because you choose one platform over another for personal reasons and because it's pros better suit you. I usually PC game because I usually enjoy the variety that the indie scene has to offer, and because even if indie games go onto consoles, they usually get their start on PC. I do also own the consoles that have games I am interested that can't be played on PC, which is currently the Wii U (with plans to buy a Xbox One or PS4, still have to see what games are on each). Why we have to hate on eachother is beyond me, because in the end aren't we all just gamers?
And I don't mind civil debates on why you personally like your device of choice, but then people spew complete misconceptions and BS because they either don't have experience or didn't research. Unless you are just stating it as an opinion, you have to have some way to back up your claims.

Reactions: Davidosky99

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The master race needs to calm down, but imo pc is way better. I use pc's for othrer things than gaming too ya know.
If you look at it from an objective standpoint, PC is simply better. It can check way more boxes of what can be done compared to console.
However, what you choose to play is not based on an objective viewpoint, but rather a subjective one: One that matches your personal needs and desires.

D

Deleted User

Irony aside, I've never understood how it's even an argument. In 2016 PC's that cost the same amount as a console play more games better than their console counterpart (with a plethora of features). They're easier than lego to upgrade, 90% of exclusives get ported to PC because it's cheap and easy to do (since current console architecture is basically a PC). You can't complain that a PC is too difficult or too much effort to use unless you have the iq of a toddler. With Steam you have so many options to make playing games quick and simple like Big Picture or In-Home streaming. I have my cheap $400 aud PC in my room streaming to an old Dell pc I got for $20 off Gumtree (Australia's craigslist).

The only reason a regular person would choose Console Gaming over PC is ignorance, then again ignorance is bliss.

Reactions: Deleted User

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Irony aside, I've never understood how it's even an argument. In 2016 PC's that cost the same amount as a console play more games better than their console counterpart (with a plethora of features). They're easier than lego to upgrade, 90% of exclusives get ported to PC because it's cheap and easy to do (since current console architecture is basically a PC). You can't complain that a PC is too difficult or too much effort to use unless you have the iq of a toddler. With Steam you have so many options to make playing games quick and simple like Big Picture or In-Home streaming. I have my cheap $400 aud PC in my room streaming to an old Dell pc I got for $20 off Gumtree (Australia's craigslist).

The only reason a regular person would choose Console Gaming over PC is ignorance, then again ignorance is bliss.
Personally, I usually only play Nintendo (because I grew up with them, otherwise I probably wouldn't). The problem is Nintendo doesn't support any other platform than their own. So could I play my favorite (pretty much only) video games on PC? No. That is why the so called "master race" is blind; they just can't see past personal preference.

Reactions: Swiftloke
D

Deleted User

Personally, I usually only play Nintendo (because I grew up with them, otherwise I probably wouldn't). The problem is Nintendo doesn't support any other platform than their own. So could I play my favorite (pretty much only) video games on PC? No. That is why the so called "master race" is blind; they just can't see past personal preference.

Yes, but once the consoles become obsolete, they can just as well be played on a PC through emulation. Heck, Wii U and 3DS emulation seem to be growing at a rapid pace, and it won't be long before we're all playing Smash 4 and Pokemon ORAS on our computers.

You could even say that about all consoles; some day, they'll become obsolete and be emulated through newer computers.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but once the consoles become obsolete, they can just as well be played on a PC through emulation. Heck, Wii U and 3DS emulation seem to be growing at a rapid pace, and it won't be long before we're all playing Smash 4 and Pokemon ORAS on our computers.

You could even say that about all consoles; some day, they'll become obsolete and be emulated through newer computers.
You'd assume that, wouldn't you? Surely your all-mighty PC could handle emulating the Wii U or XBox One any time soon, right? Well, this ideology is heavily misguided. Sure, with a nice PC you could probably emulate the 3ds pretty well in the future. That's true. However, the same can't be said for the Wii U. The Wii U requires, what, like a four times more powerful PC to emulate than the original Wii? And that's only for the TV screen (the only emulators that support the gamepad don't run at anything that resembles a playable speed). Not only that, but the best emulator available right now is slowing in development (that being Cemu), and even though it runs pretty well for what it is, it still is exceptionally slow. I don't believe good emulation for the current generation of consoles will come around for a long time.

D

Deleted User

You'd assume that, wouldn't you? Surely your all-mighty PC could handle emulating the Wii U or XBox One any time soon, right? Well, this ideology is heavily misguided. Sure, with a nice PC you could probably emulate the 3ds pretty well in the future. That's true. However, the same can't be said for the Wii U. The Wii U requires, what, like a four times more powerful PC to emulate than the original Wii? And that's only for the TV screen (the only emulators that support the gamepad don't run at anything that resembles a playable speed). Not only that, but the best emulator available right now is slowing in development (that being Cemu), and even though it runs pretty well for what it is, it still is exceptionally slow. I don't believe good emulation for the current generation of consoles will come around for a long time.

Alright, I see your point. Estimating how long it takes before an emulator reaches a playable state is subjective. That being said, a large portion of Nintendo's catalog is playable through Dolphin already, meaning you don't have to go through a Wii to play it. However, if you want to keep up with the exclusives (which, in this case, you do), then I can see why buying a Wii U would be the better choice.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I see your point. Estimating how long it takes before an emulator reaches a playable state is subjective. That being said, a large portion of Nintendo's catalog is playable through Dolphin already, meaning you don't have to go through a Wii to play it. However, if you want to keep up with the exclusives (which, in this case, you do), then I can see why buying a Wii U would be the better choice.
Hey, it'll happen eventually, maybe sooner, maybe later. I will say, though, that PC's have an indisputable advantage over consoles: given time, they can play console games (obviously referencing emulation here) - but consoles will never be able to play PC exclusive games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: