Dealxtreme SDHC cards not working?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After many days of waiting, my Acekard 2 and 8gb SDHC sandisk card arrives. I put it into the SD card adapter and then into my SD card reader... and nothing appears. Trying to format it does nothing as it can't recognise it. And the worst part is that I ordered 2 of the micro SD cards for my friend so I'm really stuck with 2 dud SDHC card or am is there a way to get them working?

NightWalker186

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I would never buy an SDHC from any site. Order em from hongkong, china. Get on ebay and you can get a 4gb for 5 bux
happy.gif

I have an 8gig on the way that i got for $16 dollars. I mean its worth a shot, ya know.

I've ordered many 2g's and 4 g's and everyone of them have all worked perfect.
smile.gif
give it a shot yo

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Went to a local electrical store and bought an official Sandisk 4gb SDHC. Still gave the same problem for some reason and refuses to show up. Somehow, it only works when I place it in my laptop which I bought a few months ago including the 8gb ones I bought.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the OEM brand 8 gb class 4 micro SDHC for $15 at DX. It works fines. No idea about the sandisk ones.. I usually don't bother buying genuine stuff from DX 'cause some o them are probably fake. It's more expensive to pay for their stuff labeled "genuine" too.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Harsky said:
Went to a local electrical store and bought an official Sandisk 4gb SDHC. Still gave the same problem for some reason and refuses to show up. Somehow, it only works when I place it in my laptop which I bought a few months ago including the 8gb ones I bought.

There's your problem. You have to have something capable of reading an SDHC card (just because something can read SD, doesn't mean it can read SDHC). My desktop computer can read SD/MiniSD, but not SDHC (it's too old), my laptop can read SDHC just fine (it was made in the last 2 years).

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure that your SD Card Reader is SDHC compatible?
wink.gif

I bought the 4GB and 8GB DX OEMs (before the price hike) and they both work great. You'd think sandisk would at least be more reliable.

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also own an 8GB SanDisk SDHC that was ordered from DX as well. I couldn't get the driver to load and it freezes the computer when I try to. But I tried inserting it in my new computer(a Vista from Dell, YES DELL >:[), it loaded up perfectly fine. Afterwards, it started loading on my older computer as well, the one that couldn't before. Strange.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know I shouldn't be complaining about SDHC reading on my Vista laptop but not on my Windows XP desktop but I figured with SDHC cards getting cheaper, it's something I'll have to address for my desktop PC. I tried this hotfix I found when googling:

http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/219/addi...sd-card-reader/

Installed it but somehow it still refuses to read my SDHC 4GB SDHC card. What are that chances that the problem is now hardware based rather than software?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you bought a "Sandisk" from Dealextreme there s a high possibility that it is fake. This does not mean it's broken, but rather the adapter is of piss-poor quality and that's why your computer can not detect it.
At least this was my problem when I bought a "Sony" M2 card from them. I had to manually hold the adapter in place in my computer for it to read.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DeMoN said:
If you bought a "Sandisk" from Dealextreme there s a high possibility that it is fake. This does not mean it's broken, but rather the adapter is of piss-poor quality and that's why your computer can not detect it.
At least this was my problem when I bought a "Sony" M2 card from them. I had to manually hold the adapter in place in my computer for it to read.
I've got it working on my Dell laptop by using a different adapter that came with my Kingston 1gb micro SD card.

I'm just annoyed that my PC with all the DS roms can't read SDHC and I won't know until I get my new SDHC reader here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: