Dealxtreme SDHC cards not working?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Harsky, Jan 22, 2009.

Jan 22, 2009
  1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    After many days of waiting, my Acekard 2 and 8gb SDHC sandisk card arrives. I put it into the SD card adapter and then into my SD card reader... and nothing appears. Trying to format it does nothing as it can't recognise it. And the worst part is that I ordered 2 of the micro SD cards for my friend so I'm really stuck with 2 dud SDHC card or am is there a way to get them working?

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    My friend ordered the exact same thing and her 8Gb MicroSDHC didn't work either. She had to go buy a 2Gb at the store.

3. NightWalker186

Newcomer NightWalker186 Member

United States
    I would never buy an SDHC from any site. Order em from hongkong, china. Get on ebay and you can get a 4gb for 5 bux [​IMG]

I have an 8gig on the way that i got for $16 dollars. I mean its worth a shot, ya know.

I've ordered many 2g's and 4 g's and everyone of them have all worked perfect. [​IMG] give it a shot yo

4. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Went to a local electrical store and bought an official Sandisk 4gb SDHC. Still gave the same problem for some reason and refuses to show up. Somehow, it only works when I place it in my laptop which I bought a few months ago including the 8gb ones I bought.

5. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    I bought the OEM brand 8 gb class 4 micro SDHC for $15 at DX. It works fines. No idea about the sandisk ones.. I usually don't bother buying genuine stuff from DX 'cause some o them are probably fake. It's more expensive to pay for their stuff labeled "genuine" too.

6. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    There's your problem. You have to have something capable of reading an SDHC card (just because something can read SD, doesn't mean it can read SDHC). My desktop computer can read SD/MiniSD, but not SDHC (it's too old), my laptop can read SDHC just fine (it was made in the last 2 years).

7. Diosoth

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    DX possibly selling counterfeit electronics... where have I heard that before?

8. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Are you sure that your SD Card Reader is SDHC compatible? [​IMG]

I bought the 4GB and 8GB DX OEMs (before the price hike) and they both work great. You'd think sandisk would at least be more reliable.

9. Ballistic

Member Ballistic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I also own an 8GB SanDisk SDHC that was ordered from DX as well. I couldn't get the driver to load and it freezes the computer when I try to. But I tried inserting it in my new computer(a Vista from Dell, YES DELL >:[), it loaded up perfectly fine. Afterwards, it started loading on my older computer as well, the one that couldn't before. Strange.

10. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I know I shouldn't be complaining about SDHC reading on my Vista laptop but not on my Windows XP desktop but I figured with SDHC cards getting cheaper, it's something I'll have to address for my desktop PC. I tried this hotfix I found when googling:

http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/219/addi...sd-card-reader/

Installed it but somehow it still refuses to read my SDHC 4GB SDHC card. What are that chances that the problem is now hardware based rather than software?

11. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    "I put it into the SD card adapter" That is your problem. The SD card adapter is broken. Try a USB SDHC-compatible microSD card reader.

12. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    If you bought a "Sandisk" from Dealextreme there s a high possibility that it is fake. This does not mean it's broken, but rather the adapter is of piss-poor quality and that's why your computer can not detect it.
    At least this was my problem when I bought a "Sony" M2 card from them. I had to manually hold the adapter in place in my computer for it to read.

13. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I've got it working on my Dell laptop by using a different adapter that came with my Kingston 1gb micro SD card.

I'm just annoyed that my PC with all the DS roms can't read SDHC and I won't know until I get my new SDHC reader here.

14. phoenixtaku

Newcomer phoenixtaku Advanced Member

New Zealand
    I ordered a 4GB Kingston from dealextreme and it works fine.