"Deals" Section?

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
No, really we always take suggestions into consideration, but it's just something that requires further discussion from staff (first to decide whether it really is a worthwhile idea and then whether it's feasible).

Such things can take time to sort out especially when everyone lives in different time zones and have their own things to deal with (e.g. Costello going to China for work purposes as well as shaun who recently moved home for example, not to mention the younger staff who have exams to concentrate on etc.). Because of this we usually aggree to have "meetings" every once in a while where all forum discussions can be made, along with setting plans/deadlines for any changes that are made to the forum.

Simply put though, if it isn't a suggestion that is urgently required then a response isn't necessarily required (instantly) neither. It's up to staff whether they wish to post a reply in these threads but I guarantee you that all of them are read (and if enough people like the idea) are then discussed in the staff forums or at meetings.

And in this case we're hardly going to add a change after only 3 members have shown interest (unless as I said it's urgently required).

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
A sticky or something like that in the GOTC section would probably do the job, I dont see the point in having a whole forum sub section devoted to that.

And anyway something like that would probably encourage a load of advertising spammers. Probably not a good idea to be honest.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
p1ngpong said:
A sticky or something like that in the GOTC section would probably do the job, I dont see the point in having a whole forum sub section devoted to that.

And anyway something like that would probably encourage a load of advertising spammers. Probably not a good idea to be honest.
P1ngy for mod, so he could suck like the rest of us!

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
well regardless it's still a good idea;
as for spammers well for example topic creation could be limited to confirmed members (100+ posts).
the problem is: we're an international community and most of the deals would only apply to certain country... so it's a little hard to imagine.
There would have to be rules such as specific topic title format (ie. include country name...)
bit complex but I like the idea anyway... now this will need to be discussed with the staff.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
we are currently discussing the issue in the staff forums
smile.gif

any input is appreciated.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I approve of this Deals forum.

I find many many good deals on electronics and such, that I have no where to post them. If you remember correctly, I posted 2 threads of some DSi price cut deals. Had to post them in general offtopic chat of course, but it would of been useful to have at the time being.

Great idea playallday
smile.gif

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, I'm shocked that this got bumped back up after half a year!
ohmy.gif

We should have a tag system. Like if I wanted to post this "deal" the topic title would be: {US, CA} [GameStop] New Super Mario Bros. Wii with free t-shirt

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
As I did before when this thread was first made I really have to question the need for a deals section. Like I said a sticky in general off topic chat would pretty much cover its purpose. At the moment threads for deals and things of that nature are generally made in their relevant sections, such as wii deals, PS3 deals, NDS deals and so on, and its not like there's a huge amount of these sort of threads anyway. And seeing as advertising is against the forums rules, making a section that pretty much hangs in a gray area of acceptability seems unwise to me. People could easily abuse that section for their own interests and self promotion, I can see people creating accounts here just to advertise their own businesses. And we could potentially have a section filled with threads that have been locked for advertising, which would be hypocritical because lets face it a "deals" section is essentially an advertising section with a different name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too