Dealing with a psychopath

ThePanchamBros

Hates the Undertale Fandom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I got a feeling I might regret posting this. But hey, the person I mentioning doesn't even know I have a GBATemp account, neither does anyone I know in real life. So, I guess no harm done. ANyway, story time. Also, to the girl I am talking about in this post, if you are reading this, I'm sorry,i just wanted to share my story, but hey, at least I didn't say your name. Moving on.

So, basically I'm having a hard time dealing with psychotic girl I met at school last year who were best friends last year. It all started when I met her the second day of school. I always knew her name, but we were never friends. So, it turns out we had a lot in common after talking for a week and sitting by each other at lunch. We also were able to talk about a lot stuff, since coincidentally we had every class together with. After about a month we were really good friends, best friends, and since I am a boy and shes a girl, everyone assumed we were dating ( I didn't like her that way.) Everything was going great for about a month, until something weird happened, that really made me feel uncomfortable, but also feel sorry for her at the same time. She had told me she tried to overdose herself a couple years ago (She was depressed and didn't have many friends at the time.) This really affected me cus this was the first time anyone had trusted me with such a big secret. So this really showed that she trusted me. We were still best friends, I just didn't talk about what she told me. Then a couple days later, on 9/11 (2015), she told me her aunt had died on one of the planes. I told her how sorry I was for her. From August to December of last year, pretty much everything was calm as it could be for middle school, just the usual drama. Then, in December, she started dating this dude. Then, she asked me out, which I said no to, and It was kinda awkward for the rest of the day, but whatever. Christmas break we skyped some, everything fine. THen January came and the Break ended. This is when this friendship started to die a slow and painful death. It all started when it was the middle of January. We were talking about when people don't dserve a second chance , and she started talking about how her friend got murdered 3 years from that day and started crying. Then after class, I asked her about and she ran away from me. then she told me his story of how he was murdered and his murderer was found not guilty. I once again, felt sorry for her. THen I told my mom when I got home, and she told me she thought what she was saying were lies. SO I skyped my friend and asked the kids name. NO results found from my research. so I told her I was kinda suspicious and she started having a breakdown because she claimed I sisnt turst her. Then things went even more downhill. I had told her a huge secret about a kid she hung out with and something horrible he did to someone close to me, so she immediantly stopped being his friend. Anyways, she started trying to argue and pick fights with me on purpose, b/c she disagreed with my opinions. She even said she had the right to be rude to me. SHe told a ton of lies too.Then, she sent me into a full-out panic attack because she lied to the principal and told him I was bulling her (He never did anything; apparently shes known for lying) because I said I didn't neccarsarily agree with the idea of being gay, but I don't have a problem with people who are. She started swearing at me and started calling me homophobic because of my religious beliefs. Then, on the last day of school, she told me she didn't care about what the kid I mentioned earlier did to me, that she was still gonna be friends with him.

I literally never want to talk to her again because of what she has don't to me. I blocked her on skype and haven't talked to her since JUne. School starts next week, and I don't know how to avoid her if she talks to me what to do. Heck, she doesn't know we aren't friends anymore. I thought she would get the hints but she didn't. Even all my friends (who used to be her friends) say I should stay way from her. Should I tell her we aren't friends anymore or what? Or just avoid her? PLease leave advice.

EDIT:
You guys are so helpful. thank you. This is why I love GBATemp :)

Last edited by ThePanchamBros,

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Say to her exactly what you is thinking and why and the advice of your friends and give her a chance to explain yourself. Say how much it is being ankward for you and what she thinks about it. Then with her answer you stop or keep her friandship. She will know why you had your choice. I think is better than ignore her in a coward way.
Since you is being true theres no reason you need to keep your head down after this. Be polite, be nice.

Reactions: ThePanchamBros

ThePanchamBros

Hates the Undertale Fandom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say to her exactly what you is thinking and why and the advice of your friends and give her a chance to explain yourself. Say how much it is being ankward for you and what she thinks about it. Then with her answer you stop or keep her friandship. She will know why you had your choice. I think is better than ignore her in a coward way.
Since you is being true theres no reason you need to keep your head down after this. Be polite, be nice.
thanks for the advice! Only problem is She is super dramatic, gets super loud, and begins to blame others and make herself the victim whenever she is confronted about something she did wrong.

D

Deleted User

I wouldn't call her psychopathic, just maybe....attention seeking? Tell her what you think. Ignoring it would make things more awkward than they already are, and possibly give her the wrong message. Good luck tho.

Reactions: Lightyose

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't call her psychopathic, just maybe....attention seeking? Tell her what you think. Ignoring it would make things more awkward than they already are, and possibly give her the wrong message. Good luck tho.
Well, I think thats how people starts losing their mind... She still has hope, but thats if she wants to change

Reactions: Deleted User

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She certainly sounds like she's seeking attention. I think you've made a good choice by cutting off your friendship with her, but if she does come talk to you, you need to explain what went wrong. Don't hide like a coward, tell her the truth if she doesn't realize it yet. If she continues trying to bother you after that simply ignore her, but you need to at least let her know why. Hopefully she won't cause you any more problems, but in my experience its difficult to get people like this to leave you alone. They'll follow you around in an attempt to create drama.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'd say give her a chance to build trust and friendship if she wants to. Once she starts seeking attention, lying or being manipulative say you won't have any of it. As simple no and walk away.

Well that's how I deal with these people...

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the advice! Only problem is She is super dramatic, gets super loud, and begins to blame others and make herself the victim whenever she is confronted about something she did wrong.
When talking with someone, if you want them to accept you, you first have to address their concerns. People act the way they do because it makes sense to them. You can't approach people in a way that makes sense to you, you have to talk with them in a way that makes sense to them. This is how bridges are built :3

She lies because, to her, that's the best way to approach whatever problems she's facing. The specifics are up to you to figure out, or be direct and ask her about. Acknowledge her feelings, acknowledge the pain that may lead to those feelings, and let her know that you're there for her. Let her know that even if you disagree about something, that you still respect her and see her as your friend. Tell her if she feels like it's best not to be friends, that you'll abide by her wishes, but that you're sad about it and would like to work on the friendship. If you actually want your friend back. It sounds like she's going through some hard stuff.

on a separate note, I don't really approve of religious tenants being more important than other humans, but that's just me.

Last edited by osaka35,

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because she claimed I sisnt turst her.
isn't doesn't make sense there

But more on topic; I would try to find her when school starts again, tell her you're sorry, then simply walk away. If she tries to stop you from walking off then let her.

EDIT; Wow lol. I stand alone. I KNEW I wasn't normal XD

Last edited by Ricken,

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
As everyone has already said, she's an attention seeker. Every story she has told sounds like total BS. All she wants is for you to pay attention to/feel sorry for her, and when you do anything unlike that she'll act like she's hurt and pretend to hate you. We've all met someone like this and the best option is just to completely block/stop engaging with this person.

death360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am no doctor but it seems like your friend might be bipolar the best advice I can give you is to ask her to go see a psychologist that and stay away from her until she gets the help that she needs.B-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr