DealExtreme no longer sells flashcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just compared the order that I made at Zero Shipping Zone to Price Angels, Zero Shipping Zone is cheaper.

Zero Shipping Zone
10X Acekard 2i + 2 R4DS + Tracking = $141 shipped

Price Angels
10X Acekard 2i = $ 140.90 shipped with bulkrate. No bulkrate makes it $156.21.

Zero Shipping Zone
5X Acekard 2i + Tracking = $72 shipped

Price Angels
5X Acekard 2i = $72.75 with bulkrate. No bulkrate makes it $78.11.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
all i hear these days is the question, "is it cheap?" that is the whole problem. my first gba linker cost me $145 dollars over 10 years ago. it has just enough space to hold 2 games and a very small compilation of pocketnes. its over 10 yrs old and it still works perfectly. its constructed with quality materials. it is still using the original sram battery.

when linkers got clean rom drag/drop the prices started to fall, what followed where cheap cards build to be thrown away.

with cheap prices came cheap demand, which arguably created a need for cheaper clones. cards like the ak2i, dstt, and original r4 have all suffered because of this. think what you want but the original r4 is a great flash linker that got one thing right... it played roms with an easy to navigate GUI.

i'm happy dx is no longer selling flash linkers. they have THE WORSE CUSTOMER SUPPORT. the entire system is based around a random draw of which CSE REP. you get. if you get a good one you can get a solution quickly. if you get bad one you can take 2 months to argue, a month of stupid suggestions, then you are past the 30 days so they won't refund return shipping, and then you get to wait another month while they try to get your paypal account refunded after the 60 days. in my opinion it isn't worth it just to save $10 on a bit of plastic crap that probably won't last me 5 years of heavy use.

by the way, the image in the 1st post if funny. it wish you had used a sexy cop girl tho! =P

-another world

Wasn't the GBA released March 21, 2001?

I know you've had a bad deal with DX and it sucks when that happens, but you can have a bad deal with any retailer.

crook

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tk_saturn said:
geokilla said:
Zero Shipping Zone
5X Acekard 2i + Tracking = $27 shipped
That's seriously cheap!

It's a lie or a typo
rolleyes.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FlameTakuya said:
If your currency isn't the US dollar, then it's overpriced. :/
My money is the Great British Pound. $46.50 ? £31.20 ? the price of 1 to 3 DS games = win.

What's overpriced about that?

WhateverDude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If they had to take pages down because of bogus DMCA takedown notices, they would be able to start selling them again if any US citizen sent them a DMCA counter notice. We just need the SKUs of all the items they took down.

The DMCA is terrible, but thankfully there are means of fighting back against bogus complaints.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Damn after reading this last night I then got an email saying my order had shipped for DX ( 2 acekard2i's, 2 supercard mini sd's, 2 photo fast dual slotted micro SD to memory stick duo's, 2 GB mini sd's, and 2 GB micro sd's. Now tonight I check up on my order and it was a partial shipment only the photo fast micro SD to msd's and the 2 GB mini SD cards shipped. Should I wait a little or just cancel the rest of my order? Cause when I checked last night it had said it all shipped.

Codify

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aww, I always used DX for my flashcarts, must have bought at least 10 from them for friends and family. They were by far the cheapest for shipping to the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/FJ-l3zDsUTg?si=FJ9FGgL8wc4346Sh