tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cooldudechand said:
i can still buy acecard throgh the trick
What? Really? I can't... says the item is not available or something along those lines.

This kind of sucks :/ I was about to buy a few Acekards for my friends and this happens :[ Eh, I'm still happy that DX still has many other cheap DS stuffs (cases, replacement housing, screen protectors, stylus, etc.)

arielp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
cooldudechand said:
i can still buy acecard throgh the trick

no you can not,

now the put this message:

Shopping cart is empty. Apologies but the product you have chosen is unavailable for ordering due to supply or quality issues.
ETA of its availability will be posted once it is known.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
all i hear these days is the question, "is it cheap?" that is the whole problem. my first gba linker cost me $145 dollars over 10 years ago. it has just enough space to hold 2 games and a very small compilation of pocketnes. its over 10 yrs old and it still works perfectly. its constructed with quality materials. it is still using the original sram battery.

when linkers got clean rom drag/drop the prices started to fall, what followed where cheap cards build to be thrown away.

with cheap prices came cheap demand, which arguably created a need for cheaper clones. cards like the ak2i, dstt, and original r4 have all suffered because of this. think what you want but the original r4 is a great flash linker that got one thing right... it played roms with an easy to navigate GUI.

i'm happy dx is no longer selling flash linkers. they have THE WORSE CUSTOMER SUPPORT. the entire system is based around a random draw of which CSE REP. you get. if you get a good one you can get a solution quickly. if you get bad one you can take 2 months to argue, a month of stupid suggestions, then you are past the 30 days so they won't refund return shipping, and then you get to wait another month while they try to get your paypal account refunded after the 60 days. in my opinion it isn't worth it just to save $10 on a bit of plastic crap that probably won't last me 5 years of heavy use.

by the way, the image in the 1st post if funny. it wish you had used a sexy cop girl tho! =P

-another world
Amen. Every time I hear somebody complaining here about paying two more dollars to order a flash cart that literally plays infinite games, I want to reach down their throat and punch their spleen.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
arielp said:
http://www.taobaodao.com/category-74-b0.html

this is good site also, price is cheap. free shipping, paypal

Just ordered an AK2i there. Only $15.33 with registered HK post. Could also go for $13.43 with free shipping
smile.gif
. Thanks for the link.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
A shame that they stop selling, since I bought my R4+2GB MicroSD from DE almost 3 years ago and its still working perfectly (aside from the latest non working games
tongue.gif
)

So any alternate free shipping flashcard sellers out there ?

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*replies to first post*

Small budget? Are You Serious? Dealextreme charged me 70 bucks with 5-10 day ship for m real perfect. It also took 3 weeks to get it. their shipping and prices are horrible. I could of gotten 2 of them for the price i paid and shipping would of been faster. Plus the firmware disc and micro sd reader where missing. heck it wasn't even in the box right and everything fell out into the shipping envolope. They would'nt even give me a refund. I will never buy anything from them again!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
Wait wtf. The DMCA doesn't extend to Hong Kong, it's only an US disease.
paypal is an american company

what DX uses for payment

theres your connection

Porygon-X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
TM2-Megatron said:
Weird that PayPal could get them to do this... why not just stop accepting PayPal as a form of payment?

If they cut PayPal as a method of payment, and put in some other unknown form of payment that no one knows existed, people would be hesitant to buy from them because they'd think the new payment method is insecure, faulty, etc.

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
My ak2i's status on DX (that i ordered a week ago) has now changed from "waiting for supplier" to "Packaging"
It seems anyone who ordered it before the news will still get it.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
all i hear these days is the question, "is it cheap?" that is the whole problem. my first gba linker cost me $145 dollars over 10 years ago. it has just enough space to hold 2 games and a very small compilation of pocketnes. its over 10 yrs old and it still works perfectly. its constructed with quality materials. it is still using the original sram battery.

when linkers got clean rom drag/drop the prices started to fall, what followed where cheap cards build to be thrown away.
Speak for yourself - I have an old Visoly linker with 64Mbit (8MB!) cart which was a massively overpriced POS new, and it's only got worse over time. Games get corrupted, saves get corrupted, it takes about an hour to flash and the two parts of the cart shell don't even fit together properly. Flash carts have always been cheaply made, just like SNES copiers before them (I remember people spending hundreds on those things only to find loose chips rattling around inside the case), and pretty much any other device intended primarily for game piracy. At least now the price reflects the build quality, and they aren't a huge pain in the arse to use.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't think this is all because of PayPal. I know PayPal pretty much banned modchips but flashcards aren't the same. And they hadn't done anything about flashcarts in the past. Plus, the CycloDS is still on there. I dunno about DMCA but Nintendo can send cease and desist notices.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PanzerWF said:
Are there still people buying flash carts? I would think by now, everyone who wants one has one.
LOL... so:
Everybody in the whole world that already owns a Phat/DSL/DSi knows about the existence of flashcarts?
There are no more sales of the DSL/DSi consoles worldwide?
Current flashcarts don't become superceded by newer models (with enhancements)?
Flashcarts don't eventual break?
wacko.gif

edit: FFS, don't buy R4 branded carts, no matter how cheap the suckers are!!

S

sumarth

i just got my ak2i and my m3i0 today

i have to give the m3 to a friend and the ak2i has not been 1.4 fixed and i dont have a dslite
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool