Dealextreme Bottom TFT Screen Quality

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by poopo, Oct 28, 2007.

Oct 28, 2007
  1. poopo
    OP

Newcomer poopo Member

Canada
    As some of you might remember in one of my previous threads, I had a problem with my ds after a short drop.

My bottom screen on the ds lite stayed solid white, I tried reseating the connector but that didn't resolve the problem. So I ordered a bottom TFT screen from Dealextreme and I replaced it. Peeled off the touchscreen and restuck it on the new screen and plugged it back in. The repair worked !

The screen was working again, but pretty much right away I noticed that it could not display solid colours anymore ! Whenever there's solid colours, you can see a bunch of tiny little lines moving through it... like a bad refresh rate.

It's usable ... but not the best .... anyone else had experience with DealExtreme's screens ? I'm about to contact them for an exchange but I just wanted to know if it's because it's an OEM or just a defect .

2. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    That usually occurs when the connection between the GPU to a TFT LCD screen is loose. It's the same thing that happens to laptops when they are damaged.

Try reseating the screen, if that doesn't work, ask for an exchange. If that doesn't work, it's probably the connector that's damaged.

3. poopo
    OP

Newcomer poopo Member

Canada
    Thanks for reply Grimalkin

I've tried reseating the connector... still the same ... it's flickering still. I'm going to have to contact dealextreme ... bad luck I guess.

4. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    I remember something in a thread a while ago, is there anything you can adjust? I'm pretty sure I remember somebody asking the guy to try and adjust something on the screen (hardware)

- Sam