OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

Deal or No Deal

I don't think this game still needs to be presented anymore, so here's a quote from the developer himself:

Robert Durbin said:

This is my first attempt at nds programing. It was made using palib and devkitpro.

Basically you choose between 26 cases, than you start eliminate other cases. Perioidically you are given deals by a banker. You can choose to take the deal and see what was in your case. If you choose not to take the deal you eliminate more cases til you get to the last 2 cases. Your case and another one. At this point you can keep your case or trade for the other one. The game also keeps track on your previous deals. Its a real simple game but pretty fun to play and of course the cases are different each time you play

download.gif
Deal or No Deal

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would be nice to add the models but im not sure how to make them work with the way i set up the cases to be opened. Id also like to add some music and sound fx, like phone ringing, case # you pick and the value inside. my first version of this game was completly text only. So i'd say its quite an improvment.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the show as got boring now
frown.gif

Nothing changed. The show was always boring. It would be enjoyable to play if you actually had the possibility of winning money, but as far as spectator games go, it's lame.

wtf.gif
Deal or No Deal is great. Admittedly, some may say it's awful, but in a good way.
Noel Edmonds FTW
tongue.gif

(I'm talking about the UK version, as I'm assuming you are too, because you quoted thegame07, whose flag says he's in the UK)

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah no. I was actually talking about the US version, which is the only one that I've seen.

I can't imagine that it's really all that different though. Different host and the girls holding the cases are more plastic in the US version, I would assume.

To each his own, I guess.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah no. I was actually talking about the US version, which is the only one that I've seen.

I can't imagine that it's really all that different though. Different host and the girls holding the cases are more plastic in the US version, I would assume.

There are no girls or cases, instead there are 22 boxes and one incredibly cheesy host. As I said earlier, it's awful, but in a good way.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah no.  I was actually talking about the US version, which is the only one that I've seen.

I can't imagine that it's really all that different though.  Different host and the girls holding the cases are more plastic in the US version, I would assume.

There are no girls or cases, instead there are 22 boxes and one incredibly cheesy host. As I said earlier, it's awful, but in a good way.

Noel Edmonds is a legend!!!!

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deal or no Deal works in emulators and on my g6flash, thats the only card i have currently. It shouldnt need any of those fancy patches like some homebrew need as it does not need a file system. I have included 3 files a .nds a .nds.gba and sc.nds. Just try one of the other ones if one doesnt work for you. For me nds.gba works without using my transer program for g6. That probably because its a slot 2 card. Im guessing slot one users will have to use the .nds file

You may need to use your transfer program to use the game on your cards, but I did not need to. Also the source has been included as well but i forgot to include all the data for the backgrounds and sprites, so it probably will not compile. i can send if any one needs.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've tried all 3 different files on the R4. Patched and unpatched the .nds file runs but the touch screen refuses to work. The sc and .gba files will not load, I've renamed the .gba extention to .nds. I've also tried patching them and it comes up with an error.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did a little research. Apparently palib doesnt work well with r4 and m3 simply. You can search about it on these forums by searching for palib. Im not sure how to fix the problem other than waiting for a new version of palib that will work with these cards and than recompile it. (it also seems some emulators do not randomize the cases correctly, you get the same pattern each time. It does function correctly on real hardware, except for the above mentioned r4 prob)

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a new version of Deal or no Deal, there is nothing really special except you can now use your the joystick to move around instead of stylus, use A,B,X,Y to confirm your choice. You use L and R to choose Deal or no Deal or for the keep or trade buttons. Now you can play without using the stylus. Anyone that has the R4 card should be able to use it now, until it gets posted here, you can download from this link

http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/dl_a...3&post_id=14275

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I made a new version of Deal or no Deal, there is nothing really special except you can now use your the joystick to move around instead of stylus, use A,B,X,Y to confirm your choice. You use L and R to choose Deal or no Deal or for the keep or trade buttons. Now you can play without using the stylus. Anyone that has the R4 card should be able to use it now, until it gets posted here, you can download from this link

http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/dl_a...3&post_id=14275

Thanks. I just played it once on my R4. I opened like 12 cases and it crashed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.