deal extreme, why so long?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by claudekennilol, Sep 24, 2009.

Sep 24, 2009
  1. claudekennilol
    OP

Member claudekennilol GBAtemp Regular

United States
    12 days ago I ordered 3 items that were supposed to be in stock. a 2nd cyclods, a screwdriver, and a top DSL screen. My shipping status is still "waiting on supplier." Why is it taking so long?

edit: 3 days shy of two months and it still hasn't shipped

edit again: woohoo, my order just shipped. Only took 8 months. But they didn't change my address like I asked so it's being shipped to my old address. Next time I need replacement parts, I'm going to somewhere with a guaranteed stock like ebay..

2. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    Since when did dealextreme start selling cyclos, and your order could take anywhere between a week and 1 month or later since it all ships from Hong Kong.

3. claudekennilol
    OP

United States
    idk, they started selling cyclods forever ago? I bought my first one from there maybe a year and a half - two years ago? I know the actual shipping takes forever. I'm just wondering why they haven't been able to process my shipment and ship it when that should take about 4 days tops, and it's already been twelve.

4. clonesniper666

United States
    Are you sure you ordered form dealextreme.com because they do not show the cyclo ds for sell by them, but the shipping just depends on them sending it out mostly.

5. claudekennilol
    OP

United States
  6. clonesniper666

United States
    Well I'll be they do sell them, its just I searched cyclo on their site and it did not return any results, sorry about that then.
    I see now to find it in search it has to be spelled cyclods not jusyt cyclo like I searched, but that is really expensive.

7. casidepro

Member casidepro GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
  8. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Last time they sold it for cheap TeamCyclops cut their stock off and forced them to stop selling it, so I doubt the price is going to drop much.

tbh I probably wouldn't buy one for that much these days considering it doesn't have much more than the $15 carts.

9. claudekennilol
    OP

United States
    Well, like I said, I already ordered it. I was happy to pay the price as I've already got one and haven't had a single problem with it in the 18 or so months since I've bought it. My friend has an R4 and had a lot of trouble with it. Imo, the price tag on the cyclods is definitely worth it.

10. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    I've noticed this recently as well. Before ordering an item (NOT related to gaming at all) the overview page states "Typically ships in 2 to 5 business days" or something to that extent, yet AFTER ordering the item it's only after contacting them through their customer service page that I'm made aware that the item's out of stock. A piss take.

11. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    ive ordered from them and my states it that its being packedge

12. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It takes about 3 weeks to a month. They may have just not updated the shipping info. They do that frequently. Also, something from your order may have been recently out of stock so, even tough it didn't say it, it may be on back order.

13. iFish

Canada
    well you get what you pay for shipping is free so obviously its ass but hey what do you think if its free

14. dice

United Kingdom
    He's not complaining about the shipment time, he's complaining about the fact that it's taken them so long for them to package the item and send it off to the delivery company. It's the delivery company that's expected to take up to a month to deliver the item, NOT for DX to send it off to them! Looking at his cyclo link it's CLEARLY stated that "Typically ships in 2 to 5 business days*" yet after 12 days they haven't done so (as had been the case in my last few transactions).

When referring to SHIPMENT they mean sending the item off from from their warehouse (or wherever they get their stock from) to the delivery company. [2-5 business days as said on their page.]

DELIVERY refers to the delivery companies sending it from HK to the customer's destination (the location of the customer). [anywhere from 1-3 weeks usually].

If they're awaiting stock from their supplier they SHOULD make that clear on the page before a customer has placed their order, NOT afterwards. This still applies if DX drop ship. It's possible for someone to place an order seconds before the OP but the page clearly hasn't been updated to reflect the change in stock conditions 12 days since. If it is up to date right now his item would have been sent off by now.

/rant [​IMG]

15. iFish

Canada
    when being packeadged it means they have it right

16. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    Wow... such anger... I love DealExtreme... Can't wait for the order? Then feel free to pay the double somewhere else...

If you read all the site details explaining why the web-shop is so cheap, you might start to understand the process behind the wait...

Why are the Prices so Low?
    We get this question a lot so we'll just cut straight to it:

We keep small inventory.
    We make purchase orders on a daily basis.
    We contact all suppliers for the latest supply status multiple times each day.
    Our warehouse is literally next to our shipping carrier.

Don't like the terms? -- Then don't buy there...
    Or feel free to open your own web-shop and offer the goods at the same price with faster service times -- good luck though...

[​IMG]

17. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    I have a theory on why DX is so cheap and it takes so long for them to ship. They sell at or below their cost and to make their profit they put payments for orders in the bank until they generate enough interest to make up the missing profit margin.

This is purely a joke, kids. :-)

Seriously though, I've waited almost two months before they shipped my stuff (usually gets to me within 5 days after that though). I suppose it's a big shock to the first timers, but I just expect it of them... And I'll more then likely order from them again.

18. dice

United Kingdom
    I'd rather go to focalprice instead [​IMG]

Believe it or not I do like DX, I've made at least 15 orders with them over the last 2 years and plan on making more in the future. The only issue I have with them has already been mentioned. It is probably because of their prices that this is a FAULT of theirs, but doesn't mean that it shouldn't be stated. Heck I still have an item that hasn't been shipped in over 2 months and the only reason I haven't asked for a refund is because it isn't urgently required + isn't expensive. I also find their customer service to be great but that isn't answering the question "why so long", nor IMO is saying that it's cheap and that it doesn't matter how long you wait.

To sum up this wall of text, the OP wouldn't have asked this question had the info provided from his link been more accurate. Am I wrong in stating this fact? Perhaps this got muddled up in the way in which I tried to portray this message.

19. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Dude DX is fucking cheap, dont complain

20. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    It comes down to this... they are effectively always waiting on their suppliers -- That is why it is so cheap... If they want to fund a huge warehouse with all stock always inside, this will impact on the final price...

Also, they get great prices by waiting until the manufacturer has (excess) stock available... (If the manufacturer produces special orders on demand for dealextreme, this would also be reflected in a higher final price).

The cheapest stock will always be excess stock (or orders made in huge quantities)... but, as a customer, you will have to wait for your item...