Hacking DeadSkullzJr's NDS Cheat Databases

Vincado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
hi, deadskullz, can you help me make this fossil fighters champions code be turned on and off?
skip enemy turn
5219A3EC FBE8F6BC
1219A41A 00002100
D2000000 00000000

smashbro596

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have been wanting a "all souls" cheat for castlevania dawn of sorrow.
i know there is one, but it... it's broken as hell.
what i mean is: some souls (particularly bullet souls like axe armor and skeleton) are glitched and have wonky graphics/don't do any damage.
the european version has a proper one (9 of all souls, transferred, as well as a seperate ability soul cheat)
is it possible to do the same for the us version? pretty please?

Reactions: andreiarturo

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have been wanting a "all souls" cheat for castlevania dawn of sorrow.
i know there is one, but it... it's broken as hell.
what i mean is: some souls (particularly bullet souls like axe armor and skeleton) are glitched and have wonky graphics/don't do any damage.
the european version has a proper one (9 of all souls, transferred, as well as a seperate ability soul cheat)
is it possible to do the same for the us version? pretty please?
Uh, you must not be using my database because all of the regional variants have the same exact code respectively, and they all do the same task. I know this because I redid those lists before 2.4.0.

bonkabun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to to use cheats on a game with edited sprites? I guess using tinke changes the game's ID or something...? I want to know if there's a way to find the new ID and if using cheats made for the original game will work

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to to use cheats on a game with edited sprites? I guess using tinke changes the game's ID or something...? I want to know if there's a way to find the new ID and if using cheats made for the original game will work
It's possible given I support ROM hacks as well as the vanilla, but generally I don't support things like randomizers or very minimal hacks, sprite hacking for example is considered minimal given that doesn't change the core gameplay, it's mere aesthetics/visual appearance.

I will say that while it is possible, depending on the circumstances, cheat support can be busted on some ROM hacks due to some differences that vanilla may not have, even a simple shift is enough to bust cheats, fortunately there isn't too many that do such a thing, though I have had to dance with a small few that went a step further than traditional ROM hacks.

It would be best if you brought this to my attention via Discord instead given my chances of responding faster is better there than here, not to mention I could help you better there than here as well. How about we continue the discussion about this over there shall we?

Reactions: bonkabun
General chit-chat
Help Users
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: Anyone that questions this will have their dick bitten off by our Chihuahua