Dead wiikey, i think :(

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by boobooman, May 9, 2008.

May 9, 2008

Dead wiikey, i think :( by boobooman at 9:22 AM (922 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

  1. boobooman
    OP

    Newcomer boobooman Advanced Member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2008
    Messages:
    84
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Hey all, ive had my wiikey in my wii since the first day they hit the uk, no problems at all,
    but now its not reading any backups, its dont even sound like its trying to read the disc just gives disc error straight away,
    my real wiifit and a gc games works fine.

    could my chip be dead? if so can i just swap it out with a new one?

    where in the uk are still selling real wiikey's at a good price?

    thanks
     
  2. Egrialuca

    Newcomer Egrialuca Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2008
    Messages:
    11
    Country:
    Japan
    askin where to buy modchip and prices here will get u nowhere, u have to check it yourself. however according to your description it does sound like your wiikey is dead; either that or your drive is dead.
     
  3. MrGoogles

    Newcomer MrGoogles Member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2007
    Messages:
    17
    Country:
    Germany
    maybe only one cord iis disconnected i think this would be much more likely than a damaged chip.
     
  4. freblo

    Newcomer freblo Newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    Country:
    Canada
    Something similar happened to me - but my Wiikey would eventually read the disk - sometimes it took 20 min of rebooting and inserting other copies. I was getting very frustrated and almost bought a new wiikey. In desparation I tried the wiikey recovery disk. It seemed to work - the disks now read fine 99% of the time - the other 1% I just eject the disk and reinsert it and it works. Hope this helps.
     

Share This Page