.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Couldn't put up with my DS and it's broken L button, so I bought a nice new black DSlite, but I just noticed it has a light blue dead/stuck pixel on the touch screen.
can anyone point me to a homebrew app that unsticks pixels?

I think they just flash colours really fast on the screens to force them to wake up.
and I assume if that doesn't work, it's a dead pixel, not a stuck pixel and I should take it back

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=831

DiagnoSe has one, plus it'll test most all functions of a DS. i gotta warn you though, it didn't fix my stuck pixel. but then, it did work on a buddy's. worth a shot, anyway.

How long did you leave it on? It could take a while, maybe even an hour or more, it's not an instant fix.
That being said I was under the impression still that dead/stuck pixels are covered under the 1 yr warranty on DSLs?

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i realize it's not instant; i left it on overnight. and you are correct. the warranty covers stuck pixels. this was on my launch day DS. i never bothered to take it back. the pixel was literally 2 pixels from the edge of the screen, so it was hardly noticeable.

.TakaM

.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Okay thanks guys, I'll see how it goes.
Since it's not like a default colour, I'm hoping it's just a stuck pixel

But if I need to take it back, I'm definitely gonna
after all, they weren't interested in helping me fix my broken L button, and only offer $3 to trade in a DS game, so I was like fuck that, I'll just buy a new one.

.TakaM

.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I went to ebgames today and they were cool, they brought out 4 black DS lites for me to choose from, but sadly they all had dead pixels on the top screens, and one had them on both screens.

So I decided to just stick with my one, it's only about 1cm from the edge of the touch screen and I can only see it if I really search for it

so yeh, thanks for the help anyways
smile.gif

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
That diagnose struck/dead pixel fixer dont work, once I had that kind of problems and eaven leaving it work over night didnt do the trick.

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It may work for some, but it didn't for my two pixels which I couldn't keep my eyes off of. I left the fixer going for about a day. Luckily, Nintendo has an outstanding warranty program. Can't you send it back to Nintendo?

gh0ul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This my be a bit off topic, but my new monitor also had a stuck pixel (blue) and i tried many software (flashing colors) and none of them worked. i googled and found that massaging the area will 'cure' it. so i tried and it disappeared! joy. hope this helps.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does the fixer work?
I had one stuck pixel on my DS once. I sent it back to japan to get it fixed. Cost my 30USD but it was worth it to not have my DS americanized.

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How does the fixer work?

It essentially cycled through each color that the pixel can make and does it over and over and over again until you tell it to stop. The theory behind it is that since a stuck pixel has one of its 3 colors always being on, by cycling them multiple times to try and 'jar' it loose, for lack of a better explanation.

If you really want to learn more, check out the FAQs for JScreenFix, which is a application that removes stuck pixels on LCD monitors. Their FAQ is http://www.jscreenfix.com/faq.php

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had to go through 6 (yes SIX!) DS Lites at Best Buy last October before I found one without a dead pixel. On my second trip back, I had them open box after box until one powered on without any bad pixels. Pissed me off for that week, but after that, my DS has worked like a champ. Even been dropped in the snow and it still works.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Got dead pixel for my Black DS.

Simple Solution(although I do not recommend you do this often): While using a pixel fixer, press against the screen gently enough to move the pixels (adjacent to the stuck pixel), it'll cause the colours to flush through.

Problem solved for me. No more stuck pixel ^-^;

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got dead pixel for my Black DS.

Simple Solution(although I do not recommend you do this often): While using a pixel fixer, press against the screen gently enough to move the pixels (adjacent to the stuck pixel), it'll cause the colours to flush through.

Problem solved for me. No more stuck pixel ^-^;

I thought you had a dead pixel..
ohmy.gif

~Nero

llatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
me I've bought three DS' in all and Ive had 2 Ive had to take back due to dead pixels

I have even heard some people who havent been able to find their receipt buying a new DS and returning their old DS using the receipt from the new one, I at first thought this slightly dishonest but the end result is that the manufacturer had the faulty product returned to them and the customer had what they paid for

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users