Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I didn't know it was in development for so long!

Now apparently the Wii can do stuff the Xbox couldn't do and vice versa, I dunno all the facts to be honest I'm just repeating whats been said and we all know that what some people say could just be BS. Just posting this to show what could have been done on the Xbox. Does it give us hope for the Wii game?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, either way, after playing Half-Life 2 on Xbox, I was a believer in the untapped potential of lighting. So many folks scoff at the Xbox version of that game, and though it definitely has a lower resolution, with, I'm sure, fewer polys, I preferred the way the lighting was perceived on the Xbox version.

And I think that's one thing developers aren't really tapping yet on Wii. Everyone's talking about how the Wii isn't a polygon-pushing powerhouse. Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be. Art direction is still king in my book. There are many ways to work around these issues, and hell, Valve has already done the hard work for most folks. Streaming data, distributing resources wisely -- there are ways to make games look fantastic on Wii.

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
If MS never stopped making games for the Xbox1 it would still be around today, it had such great future proofed specs and when HL2 did come out that was proof of the kind of stuff it would handle.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Well.. hardware wise, the Wii has more memory and a more powerful CPU than the Xbox had, the vide card also is a little faster and has a better support for shaders. So, in theory, the Wii should be able to do all the XBox could do. Bad looking Wii games is purely caused by developers laziness and lack of investment.

If the Wii version looks like that, but with RE4 like controls.. best horror game ever!
I wonder if EA choose to make a Wii version because they had a XBox version done..

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Bad looking Wii games is purely caused by developers laziness and lack of investment.
It does sound like there will be more games that are technically better looking coming soon like Overlord, I keep reading how there are various games that have been in development since 2006/2007 that'll see a release this year. Red Steel 2 could be ones of those seeing its not being released until 2010, same with No More Heroes 2.

Its now clear that the Wii isn't a fad so hopefully there will be some games released that have had more dev time.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian Uranium said:
CockroachMan said:
Bad looking Wii games is purely caused by developers laziness and lack of investment.
It does sound like there will be more games that are technically better looking coming soon like Overlord, I keep reading how there are various games that have been in development since 2006/2007 that'll see a release this year. Red Steel 2 could be ones of those seeing its not being released until 2010, same with No More Heroes 2.

Its now clear that the Wii isn't a fad so hopefully there will be some games released that have had more dev time.
The lighting and art style in Overlord is amazing. That game shows how much potential Wii in terms of graphics by third parties. If EA can do something like that with Dead Space, they may just get a sale out of me.

Edit: Almost forgot. This image was posted on the official Dead Space website.
thumb_Uni_Message_Flip_New.jpg

It translates to "The End Will Be Set In Motion" according to Gaming Bits.

Source

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs