www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
wii.gif
Dead Space Coming To Wii!
That's Right, Folks
deadspace2.jpg
(This is NOT a screenshot of the Wii version!)​

EA has confirmed today that the hit J-horror game 'Dead Space' will be coming to the Wii! The game will be a port of the 360/PS3 title, and EA promises to keep it "high quality". The game is apparently due out earlier this year.

QUOTE said:
“It is absolutely going to be the quality of fear factor of the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.” - CEO John Riccitiello

icon11.gif
 Source

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Dammit War! I was just finishing posting this!
frown.gif

IGN says EA is doing a new game and not simply a port.. I'm skeptical about it since it's EA but.. the controls could be awesome. Now, they should hire the guys from High Voltage to do this
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be better for EA if it wasn't a port that way those with a Wii and one of the others would actually want it as well as those without a PS3/360/PC.

EA are kinda hit and miss with whatever console they are on.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
War said:
I really doubt they will make it a completely different game. I'm a little disappointed by the port, I wish it would have stayed 360/PS3 only... ah well.

How can you be disappointed by a game you haven't even seen yet!?

IGN says they're doing something new: http://wii.ign.com/articles/950/950714p1.html
They also gave a hint at this game on an article, some weeks ago.. so I think they know what they are talking about.

John Riccitiello focused on how they want to bring quality to the Wii.. of course, Ubisoft said the same thing some time ago
sleep.gif
'
Well, I finished the PC version and Dead Space could gain a lot from Wii controls, just hope they don't screw the graphics :/

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
John Riccitiello focused on how they want to bring quality to the Wii.. of course, Ubisoft said the same thing some time ago
sleep.gif
'
Well, I finished the PC version and Dead Space could gain a lot from Wii controls, just hope they don't screw the graphics :/
Well Ubisoft have said that Red Steel II will come out in 2010 so that it can have more dev time plus they got some good devs on the Turtles fighter. I'm sure the Imagine/Petz titles will still appear, they do seem to fund Ubisoft.

Now its Activisions turn to up its game.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could easily imagine this game having terrible graphics, which is not good because the graphics made the game better on 360 because it was lacking in more areas. Hopefully they add more enemies to the Wii version, because there wasn't much of a variety in the 360 version. Then when the enemies got harder they basically did a color swap and made them black, which was lazy as fuck.

mister x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So much negativity!!

Smile guys....its not the end of the world!!

So what if the game ends up on the Wii....why not?Why must it remain only on PS3/Xbox??

The more games to choose from, the merrier i say!!
Any date approx??

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think every game that uses a pointer to aim is going to be way better on Wii. Yesterday I saw a Review for Killzone2 on the PS3 and the guys cross-hair was all over the place, because he wasn`t playing with mouse or if you look at all the videos of the RE5 Demo... Analogstick was never good for aiming!

The Gfx really don`t matter that much to me but the framerate does! So I really hope they make every effort to get the game to be fluently. That`s my only concern but I think EA did some really good jobs in porting games on Wii or doing exclusive version, so I think this will gonna be great!

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Yay. Great news.

Tried it on my 360 but never got to play it.

I hope it's gonna be a cool Wii-enhanced port like RE4Wii
biggrin.gif

YES! That is exactly what i would hope for as well.

Speaking of- Am i the only person that thought Dead Space was VERY much a spiritual successor to RE4? Controls, style of atmosphere (no, NOT actual locations
tongue.gif
), etc? DS felt like RE4 in space, to me.

And i LOVED how RE4 handled on the Wii. Played the hell out of RE4 on GC (beat it many times in a row) and was completely renewed into liking the game w/ the Wii controls. I really think DS could benefit from this.

Dunno about the rest of you, but i'll be keeping my hopeful eyes on this one.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CockroachMan said:
War said:
I really doubt they will make it a completely different game. I'm a little disappointed by the port, I wish it would have stayed 360/PS3 only... ah well.

How can you be disappointed by a game you haven't even seen yet!?
Experience.
Let's be honest here, what could the Wii version POSSIBLY offer to make up for the things it'll inevitably lack?
Gimmicky bonus shit like extra weapons and costumes?
The original lives from its deep atmosphere and great graphics, and the Wii version just won't be able to deliver any of that (with the same level of quality as the original) no matter what, so the port IS going to suck (and I don't give a flying fuck if EA says otherwise, because what else would you expect them to say? "Oh, we're sorry, this port is so not gonna match the quality of the original, but hey, look at these fancy new weapons!"). It's obvious, and it's nowhere in the range of what a bit of point-and-waggle controls or bonus content could EVER fix.
The port will be an inferior substitute of the original game for people who don't own an X360 or PS3, and that'll be all there is to this product.
Even if the game ends up looking astoundingly good for a Wii game, the graphics will still suck in comparison to the original. Why would you even need screenshots to be assured of that, when the inferior video output signal alone will make the Wii version a vastly less visually pleasing experience, let alone the shitload of effects, shaders and filters the Wii port would never be able to make use of?
And how in the world could the graphics NOT matter in a horror game? They're basically what MAKES a horror game, and that's also why it's beyond my understanding how people are already getting all hyped up for the port because of nothing but a new control scheme. I just don't see how motion controls (including the use of Wii MotionPlus) could benefit the game more than some appropriate graphics. Yes, SOME games will undoubtedly benefit more from the use of motion controls than from proper graphics, but we're not talking about Wii Sports here.

That aside, I don't give a shit for this game if it's just a straight port. Actually I'd be way more pissed if this is an original game, because that would just be a huge waste of potential, only on behalf of EA shovelling even more money. I'm totally aware that this choice would actually make a lot of sense for them, but we're not them, so why would we care? All I care about is what I'm getting for my money, and if one day I get the fucking awesome Dead Space on X360/PS3 for 60 bucks, and the other day I'm only getting an abysmal cash-in sequel, then I'm totally not interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...