Dead Rising remasters coming to PC/XOne/PS4

28572209880_2be6d5c47c_z.jpg

Capcom is bringing over Dead Rising 1, 2, and Off the Record to Steam, PS4, and Xbox One. Each game will cost $20 separately, and will be getting a triple bundle physical release (In North America only). The console versions are targeting 1080p visuals at 60fps, while the PC version will have support for 4K resolution and beyond, as well as an uncapped framerate. Dead Rising 1, Dead Rising 2, and it's DLC Off the Record will be released on September 13.

Additional Features & Functionalities
Save System - Now supports up to five save slots
Controller Support - Native Xbox 360/Xbox One and PlayStation DualShock 4 controller support with matching button icons
Resolution Settings - supports 4K and beyond
Variable Frame Rate - uncapped frame rate including support for 144Hz monitors with Nvidia G-SYNC technology
Customizable & rebindable keyboard and mouse settings
Russian localization

Specs

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel® Core i5 family or AMD equivalent
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 or better / AMD 7790 or better
    • DirectX: Version 11

:arrow: Source

Reactions: LittleFlame

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really wish the recommended specs didn't just say Processor: Intel® Core i5 family or AMD equivalent that's pretty vague

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wish the recommended specs didn't just say Processor: Intel® Core i5 family or AMD equivalent that's pretty vague

I doubt it will be very damanding. I imagine that the main part will be to have a good enough graphics card, which again, the specs are pretty low on that too.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Pretty nice. I was introduced to the series with Off The Record on Steam and I fell in love with it (despite needing to hack to acquire that bugged Protoman armor), so I'm looking forward to playing the original DR. It's a bit of a bummer that I now would need to purchase the game all over again if I wanted to be playing the most HD FPSing 69K resolving whatever version on my PC, but I'm really not all that tempted unless they include some tasty extra content like DMC4:SE did.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved Dead Rising 2 when it went on Free Games with Gold on Xbox. I can't wait to play it again on my PC, remastered too!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I loved Dead Rising 2 when it went on Free Games with Gold on Xbox. I can't wait to play it again on my PC, remastered too!

You can already play 2 on pc.

The remasters are just 1080/60 releases for consoles and a release of Dead Rising 1 for pc (didn't have one before). DR2 and Off the record already have a release on pc and can already support high res + high fps. There's no new pc release coming for them as there's no need.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/1080p60fps-dead-rising-1-and-2-remasters-pricing-r/1100-6442476/

"All three will arrive digitally for Xbox One and PS4 on September 13. (As both Dead Rising 2 games are already available on PC, that platform is only getting the original Dead Rising.)"

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IIRC, it was implied around the time it came out, that it was part funded by MS. Much like how SFV was part funded by Sony. So it remains pc & xbox only.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original Dead Rising is 10 years old though. While I don't like all these cash in remakes...this one makes more sense.
You know what does make sense?

SUPER ULTRA DEAD RISING 4 ARCADE REMIX HYPER EDITION EX PLUS ALPHA 4.5 ' DX DIRECTORS CUT LIMITED DEFINITIVE X CASTLEVANIA JUDGEMENT

I Buy that game in a instant.:creep:

Besides @Chary you got persona 4 golden and odin's sphere remakes, :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Besides, only time i wanna see frank west, is Tatsunoko vs capcom, Ultimate Marvel VS capcom 3 And Project x zone. :P

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: Chary

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what does make sense?

SUPER ULTRA DEAD RISING 4 ARCADE REMIX HYPER EDITION EX PLUS ALPHA 4.5 ' DX DIRECTORS CUT LIMITED DEFINITIVE X CASTLEVANIA JUDGEMENT

I Buy that game in a instant.:creep:

Besides @Chary you got persona 4 golden and odin's sphere remakes, :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Besides, only time i wanna see frank west, is Tatsunoko vs capcom, Ultimate Marvel VS capcom 3 And Project x zone. :P

It did make sense actually. Street fighter only got new versions when the arcade versions did. Many fighting games do the same thing with games like the newest Guilty Gear having the original version, Guilty Gear Xrd and Guilty Gear Revelator(they are all the same game but a new version of the console release is made a few months after the arcades get a new version with more content). Over time it became a carryover from a previous generation but it's generally accepted in fighting game community. The reason Capcom claims SFV will have no other versions and will just be updated like other games this time around is because there is no arcade version to port...there is no arcade version of SFV at all unlike SFIV which was released in arcades first.

I know you were joking but I see people wondering about all the different versions all the time.

Last edited by Daggot,
Reactions: Chary

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It did make sense actually. Street fighter only got new versions when the arcade versions did. Many fighting games do the same thing with games like the newest Guilty Gear having the original version, Guilty Gear Xrd and Guilty Gear Revelator(they are all the same game but a new version of the console release is made a few months after the arcades get a new version with more content). Over time it became a carryover from a previous generation but it's generally accepted in fighting game community. The reason Capcom claims SFV will have no other versions and will just be updated like other games this time around is because there is no arcade version to port...there is no arcade version of SFV at all unlike SFIV which was released in arcades first.

I know you were joking but I see people wondering about all the different versions all the time.
I was serious. I want more frank west inside fighting games. :D
Not games like Dyansty warriors hack and slash. :P

Reactions: Daggot

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Finally we can get the original dead rising, and from what I've heard it appears to be a good port AND it won't cost 60$, which if you ask me is pretty amazing!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Loved the first Dead Rising, found 2 to be meh, while OTR was much better thanks to Frank West.

I suppose it'll be a good time to replay DR1, especially since my 360 blew up while trying to unlock the Mega Buster.

Reactions: retrofan_k

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.