With your drill, thrust to the sky!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GamesIndustry said:
London – February 9, 2009 - Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Dead Rising™ 2 is in development for three different gaming platforms: the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment’s PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) and the PC. The sequel to the 1.5 million-plus selling Dead Rising™, Dead Rising 2 will take the franchise to a new level of zombie-killing fun with tens of thousands of zombies, the all new gambling paradise of Fortune City to explore and conquer plus a host of new in-game objects that can all be used as deadly weapons to stave off the zombie assault.

Dead Rising 2 is set several years after the infamous zombie invasion of Willamette. Unfortunately, the zombie virus was not contained at the conclusion of Dead Rising, spreading unchecked throughout the United States and Dead Rising 2 depicts a country where zombie outbreaks continue to strike.

Dead Rising 2 is being developed in partnership with up and coming Canadian developer Blue Castle Games. A number of members from the original Dead Rising team will be working alongside Blue Castle Games throughout the development process, including Capcom’s global head of research and development, Keiji Inafune, who as the game’s Producer will play an active role in the project.

Released in 2006, Dead Rising won praise across the globe for its mix of intense zombie action and dark humour, garnering numerous awards including IGN’s “Most Innovative Design for Xbox 360”, Gamespot’s “Best Action-Adventure Game” for 2006 and “Action Game of the Year” at the 2006 Spike TV Video Game Awards.

Further details concerning the story and gameplay of Dead Rising 2 will be made available shortly.

Source: GamesIndustry

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really enjoyed the first (control issues aside) and its nice to see Capcom support the PC, seems like all of their 360/PS3 titles are on the PC this year.

Glad they're not letting Ubisoft mess any up like they did with RE4.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hadrian Uranium said:
Really enjoyed the first (control issues aside) and its nice to see Capcom support the PC, seems like all of their 360/PS3 titles are on the PC this year.

Glad they're not letting Ubisoft mess any up like they did with RE4.
Loved the first one.

They haven't probably still announced a Wii version of it because they want to see first how Chop Till You Drop fares...
ph34r.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooo, cannot wait for this. I'm assuming we'll be seeing some multiplayer modes in this one too. I wonder if they'll set it up that its you and 3 other survivors, running through the city avoiding as many zombies as possible. They should add giant, fat zombies that explode, and some that are crouched that... wait.... nevermind.

Really though, cannot wait to see this. Loved the first, cept for control, and thats saying a lot (usually if control is shit, i'm not playing it heh).

Hadrian Uranium said:

I'm such a fan of console/pc dual releases. I'm a fan of the console so i don't have to upgrade (get a good looking result by just buying the game, w/out needing that new graphics card, or more ram... as is REGULARLY my case *sigh*), but the modding aspect of the PC versions really hold me heart.

(if only there was a Gary's Mod for 360... >_>)

BAHIM Z 360

B-but I'm not a new member :(
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thanks for the amazing news
biggrin.gif
!!
the first dead rising (the first game i played on the xbox360) already took my heart
wub.gif
and now they will finnally make another one!! ahhhhh new zombies to kill with the chainsaw
smileipb2.png
!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended