1. 2,997

Front-page
    itagaki.jpg
    Known for his work on Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden video game designer Tomonobu Itagaki wants to make games again and has established his own company, Itagaki Games, for that purpose. The announcement comes from a post on Itagak's Facebook account which also contains extracts of an interview he did with Bloomberg. Not much is known about his new studio other that it is independent and separate from his previous employers Tecmo and Valhalla. He in fact co-founded the latter before stepping down in 2017 to train a younger generation of game developers.

While Itagaki Games is currently independent, when Bloomberg asked what Tomonobu Itagaki would think if Microsoft were to acquire the studio, given the game designer's close links with the company, he said that "if they reach out to me, it will be an honor for me." You can read the interview in the source link below which shares more about Tomonobu Itagaki's past work with Microsoft.

:arrow: SOURCE

Benja81, KingVamp, Xzi and 7 others like this.
  2. Discussion (18 replies)

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Wonder what kind of dumpster fire he will produce after the mess that was Devil´s Third.:P

4. B-alpha

B-alpha Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    As if.....That guy is so self absorbed it's beyond me
    I really doubt that company is going to produce anything ever. Maybe if all stars align right maybe a trailer for game which will never come to fruition but I doubt it

Scott_pilgrim and yoyoyo69 like this.
  5. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    the plan was live on past and hope big daddy M$ rains money on them to acquire his hypothetical "company".

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  6. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    Okay.. where is Ninja Gaiden sequel or a brand new Ninja Gaiden game for PS5 ? :(

7. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner The Edge of the Soul

United States
    "Oh, IDK. I'm good with English, but not so great with spelling."

"Nintendo hired us as their mercenaries, and now we're deserters looking to express our art in whatever way possible!"

"This game is the sixth brand new game I've made. My entire body quivers every time I make an announcement like this. Sitting on a toilet and waiting for an opportunity like this isn't an option for me!"

This is the kind of insanity he goes on about in interviews. And the fact that he looks like a certain other guy with long black hair isn't helping...

8. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    About Ruddy Time a new Ninja Gaiden came out.. Still love the 1st two... Games the rest was poo...

9. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    nothing good will come of this

Scott_pilgrim and yuyuyup like this.
  10. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Itagaki always had faith in microsoft and xbox. Looking forward to what he will make next.

11. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    he doesnt have the rights for those games lol he made them but he doesnt work for the same studios and the studios get the rights not the developers.

same thing with kojima, he made metal gear, left and now he cant make any more metal gear stuff since he doesnt own any rights to the ip.

banjo2 likes this.
  12. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Overpriced DLC's wasn't enough for him & Koei I guess he wants to make a new studio to milk us dry huh...

13. DerpDingus

DerpDingus Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Dude looks like a corpse woman

14. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Malwarebytes Bootable Developer
    Developer

United States
    Cool. Now bring Dead or Alive 3 to the Switch. It was my fave in the series.

15. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    Not a full on trailer, a teaser trailer

Benja81 likes this.
  16. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    FUCK YES! The god of "jiggle dynamics" is back!

Plstic likes this.
  17. PZT

PZT Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    don't you dare insult Oatmeal Cookie like that

Scott_pilgrim and Deleted User like this.
  18. Benja81

Benja81 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just background music and panning view of old stuff on an a desk. Reference Indiana Jones new trailer.

19. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    Pretty sure he'd have had little to no say in regards to how much (both quantity and cost) DLC was put out - that would've been Koei/Tecmo's doing.
    ...not saying that the same thing won't happen with his new studio, but that's unfortunately just the state of the industry right now.
    It's a massive shame that the days of unlocking characters/costumes in a "released complete" game are long gone... and it's a bigger shame that there are members of the gaming community that go along with buying all these ridiculously priced 'add-ons', perpetuating the whole insidious practice.

Scott_pilgrim and cvskid like this.
  20. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Yeah it is a Koei thing, but as a director he can still have a voice on how to improve his game appeal without forcing consumers to pay over $1k of eye candy content. DOA6 tried to approach more into the ingame rewards unlock, but honestly most of the outfits were either retro attire or recolored with patterns. Still we get no kind of Game Edition with these DLC not even if it were just up to season 1-2content, atleast Tekken7 - SoulCalibur- and even SFV went to the right direction you also see their stuff on sale at times.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - director, creates, Itagaki