Dead micro sd...

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by zeppo, May 8, 2008.

1. zeppo
    OP

zeppo change my avatar!

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    my card was working fine. I had TWEWY in sleep mode, and I put my ds in my binder. I pulled it out a couple periods later and it had frozen up. I turned it off and turned it back on, and had the "microsd error" message. I put it in my computer when I got home and it says I need to format the drive.
    I had TONS of stuff on there and it was organized perfectly... and it's not all backed up. the saves, my skins, music... and how my games, etc were organized. I don't want to lose everything by formatting. is there any way I can save it?

2. Panzer Tacticer

Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    Right Here
    My guess is your as screwed as I was mack.

Lost a few game saves, and after the feeling of "dang it" wore off I went online, bought a new micro sd card and then immediately made a new perfect mix, and then made a copy for storage, and felt like the schmuck I was for thinking back up rules somehow didn't apply to micro sd cards.

Your data is likely gone and the card is likely dead.

I still keep mine up on the shelf in some spastic belief it will return some day, but I know it isn't.

3. zeppo
    OP

zeppo change my avatar!

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    ugh. I just formatted it, and I'll try it in a couple hours to see how it's working... this sucks.

4. shadowkillerdrag

shadowkillerdrag GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2007
    United States
    Odd thing is I did the same exact thing you did and i had to reformat. I left TWEWY on sleep before my tennis match and i saw the formating thing. At first i thought it was just an error on the laptop so i switched to my gaming comp and the it also said the same thing. It sucks cuzz i also had so much stuff on my micro sd and i put 30+ hrs in TWEWY

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice