Hardware Dead eMMC swapped for a new one, but...

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I downgrade it to 6.1, then flash everything new? (boot partitions?). I'm a total noob for those tools, but I have learned much since this all started back in early March.

BTW, my Switch has 9 burnt fuses, it seems.

Last edited by chankarik,

Onlyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You gotta follow the guide to the t, I had to reformat my sd card to make sure the modded hekate loaded. Check the ver number.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 198

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You gotta follow the guide to the t, I had to reformat my sd card to make sure the modded hekate loaded. Check the ver number.
I'm not sure I follow.

I mean, I can't boot on cfw or ofw because my boot partitions seem to be corrupted. I don't have a backup of them, only the regular 6.2 32 GB rawdump.bin file, which I have restored to the emmc (yeah, I know I lost a chunk of memory space but I've learned I can deal with it later).

Now, I can't restore the boot 0 and 1 partitions, nor dump biskeys nor fix the gpts.

Edit: Mind you, the ofw had been updated to 7.0.0 like three weeks before my emmc went kaput. Yeah, accidentally, and I deeply regret letting it happen.

Would that mean I have fuses burnt up to 7.0.0? Would that affect choidujour and the restored 6.2 nand anyhow?

Onlyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don’t have an dumped biskey from running any cfw on your sd card? And you might have some luck reflowing the ic back to the pbc to get the dumps you need. But doing that yourself has a lot of up front cost and which is why my fiancée hates my reflow station. But you could even have luck dead bugging the ic back to the pcb to get your dumps. Sure sounds like a project to me

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: chankarik and Onlyd

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Lockpick_RCM shows me the message: Unknown pkg1 version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, when trying to get my TSEC keys on Hekate, it shows me this:

Unknown package1 version or reading
TSEC firmware <=´20161208142800´>.

Now, I have used another payload (biskeys) previously, which has shown me my TSEC key. Can I simply copy that key and save it as a file that would be created i Lockpick worked for me?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Right, so can I use someone else's boot dumps?

And then decrypt it with their keys and re-crypt them again using my own console's keys?

I can't retrieve my keys in any way, though.

HacDiskMount won't allow me to open the emmc partitions, since it says both GPTs are bad.

I can't use gptrestore, as it says it won't work for memories other than 32 GB.

I'm going crazy and feeling like I'm going full circle.
Actually yes, kind of. There were some blank boot0/boot1 dumps posted that have the personal info (at the end) removed so you can add your own. But ChoiDujour (non NX) will generate it for you so using someone elses isn't really needed, it just saves one step.
I'm not sure I follow.

I mean, I can't boot on cfw or ofw because my boot partitions seem to be corrupted. I don't have a backup of them, only the regular 6.2 32 GB rawdump.bin file, which I have restored to the emmc (yeah, I know I lost a chunk of memory space but I've learned I can deal with it later).

Now, I can't restore the boot 0 and 1 partitions, nor dump biskeys nor fix the gpts.

Edit: Mind you, the ofw had been updated to 7.0.0 like three weeks before my emmc went kaput. Yeah, accidentally, and I deeply regret letting it happen.

Would that mean I have fuses burnt up to 7.0.0? Would that affect choidujour and the restored 6.2 nand anyhow?
You wouldn't be able to boot 6.2 OFW with 7.0 fuses (IIRC 6.2 and 7.0 have different fuse counts), but you would at least be able to boot CFW through RCM.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, when trying to get my TSEC keys on Hekate, it shows me this:

Unknown package1 version or reading
TSEC firmware <=´20161208142800´>.

Now, I have used another payload (biskeys) previously, which has shown me my TSEC key. Can I simply copy that key and save it as a file that would be created i Lockpick worked for me?
I think so. The TSEC key IIRC is just a single key that's hardcoded to the console and doesn't change.

Anyway, good luck, hope you can get your console repaired. If I knew someone who's a guru at this, I would refer you to them, but I'm afraid not many people have experimented with upgrading their NAND, and people already linked the relevant thread(s).
Rest assured that what you're trying to do is possible though. It might be a bit of an ordeal, but some people have done it successfully.

Reactions: chankarik

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks everyone once again. Here's an update.

Due to the help of a certain guardian angel, I now have all my BISKeys, TSEC and SBK, was able to Choi my way into 6.1.0...but atmosphere or any other CFW won't boot.

It now fails to decrypt pkg2. It's puzzling, because we have double-checked everything when flashing the fw to pkg2, but still...

Rebuilding the nand is going to be the next step and attempt.

Any ideas or suggestions?

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have 9 burned fuses, you need to install 7.xx firmware instead of 6.1.0.

Not if the user is booting with Hekate/Fusse/etc. And you can't Choi (on PC) directly to 7.xx. Choi maxes out at 6.1.0. ChoiNX is needed for newer, which the OP cannot use at the moment, since they can't boot into Horizon.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks everyone once again. Here's an update.

Due to the help of a certain guardian angel, I now have all my BISKeys, TSEC and SBK, was able to Choi my way into 6.1.0...but atmosphere or any other CFW won't boot.

It now fails to decrypt pkg2. It's puzzling, because we have double-checked everything when flashing the fw to pkg2, but still...

Rebuilding the nand is going to be the next step and attempt.

Any ideas or suggestions?

rebuild the whole nand using choidujour and try again. make sure all the sizes match for boot0/1. Also if you got a bigger nand you need to do some other stuff as well

Reactions: Onlyd and chankarik

Onlyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it took me 2 times to get choidujour to rebuild my nand correctly when i went from 7.0 to 6.1. the bigger nand part wasn't difficult just gotta make sure you put sudo before any linux terminal commands if its giving you an error. when you do get it working i might suggest a internal payloader mod rcmx86, i like using them so even if you do have todo a hard reboot youll always get loaded in through a hekate payload and never have to worry about burned fuses or the ofw wigging out on your new nand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1